Anyone built a vault? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anyone built a vault?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2011, 05:17 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I have not converted a closet to a vault, but I have given it quite a bit of thought. Now this is not impenetrable(not much is really). If the closet has enough room that you can loose about 8 or so inches of space, if you take regular cyclone fence, http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlbwduOmRO_AVfJAB7HHgP3v7C3Pr-CtykQAZVHt75yHGBYXUnyA , and line the walls and ceiling with a couple of layers, tacked on not too tight, to allow movement, while staggering the fence"holes". And then you build another wall and ceiling, loosely sandwiching the fence in between. This would not stop a torch but it would make for a difficult time with a sawzall type saw. Then you could put this door on.Security Door, 17, Browning Gun Safe Product
This would make a closet into a room that would be hell to get into, without the dangers of heavy steel plates. The door looks like a regular door instead of vault.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson