Anybody planting a garden.... - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anybody planting a garden....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2011, 11:14 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I just put im my order for a meyer improved dwarf lemon tree.

Improved Meyer Dwarf Lemon Tree - Kit|Spring Hill Nursery

Old 05-01-2011, 04:12 PM   #32

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Just got some idea's from your web-sight...SPRING HILL NURSERIES...on some Ornamental Grasses (Red Fountain Grass)..to put at the end of my Cedar rail fence....

Old 05-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #33

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
I got a ton of tomatoes coming and banana peppers are growing fast. I have jalapeno plants, but I have yet to get one to produce. My watermelon was epic last year, so I'm hoping for more of the same. I also got some red onions that got HUGE.
*NEWS FLASH**
My first jalapeno has sprouted! I'm so proud!

Old 05-02-2011, 08:39 AM   #34

I planted some grape size tomatoes along with peppers in the garden....Also planted two persimmon tree's down by the wood line,so the deer have something to eat this fall...The tree's are only three feet tall,so the fruit will be years away...I read that persimmon tree's are one of the hardest woods that grow even harder then oak and walnut....

Old 05-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #35
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7096 Times on 4271 Posts
Likes Given: 8605

Those grape tomatoes are very good eating. I grew them the last few years and I eat them like candies.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #36

WOW...Every-thing in my Garden is just taking-off with growth!!!...I use Miracle-Gro...and just in the last week every-thing has sprung-up like crazy.....Can't wait for Home-Growen...Tomatoe's......

Old 05-24-2011, 01:55 AM   #37

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My jalapenos are producing like mad as are my tomatoes and banana peppers. I am in salsa heaven

Old 05-24-2011, 03:37 AM   #38

Liked 414 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 1202

We plant about twenty thousand acres of rice and spray and and fertilize tomatoes, corn and sunflower and other assorted crops I wish I had time to garden but not this time of year.

Old 05-24-2011, 04:05 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

My wife has been pulling weeds like mad for our garden area. I've been out there with a spading fork and we'll have the soil ready for amendments tomorrow.

I bought some sacks of amendments that have chicken manure and a bunch of other good stuff already mixed in. I'll mix that in and we'll be ready to plant. I wish we were able to get an earlier start, but we got what we got.

I went with heirloom tomatoes, but had to go with hybrids for the eggplant, squash, cucumber, corn and carrots. Next season I'll have more non hybrids. I have a bunch of non hybrid seeds vacuum sealed and put away for just in case.

For our fall planting/cold crops, I'll go with non hybrids.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1884 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 2123

Default Persnickity Persimons........

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I planted some grape size tomatoes along with peppers in the garden....Also planted two persimmon tree's down by the wood line,so the deer have something to eat this fall...The tree's are only three feet tall,so the fruit will be years away...I read that persimmon tree's are one of the hardest woods that grow even harder then oak and walnut....
I hope you're a young feller. If you planted the wild type it'll take years to produce and you'll need a male and female to produce fruit. If not go with the Japanese type. And by the by you'll need a truck load of traps for the O Possums that will reek havac on your persimmons. Thats the only known pest that can withstand a green persimmons bitterness.......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........