Anybody planting a garden.... - Page 39
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anybody planting a garden....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2013, 02:27 AM   #381
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 417 Times on 277 Posts

We do the typical salsa garden every year. Usually a few kinds of tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. This year due to all the rain and cooler temps (global warming, hahahh) pretty much everything sucks. Tomatoes are really bad, cukes suck, and peppers are hit and miss, Jalapenos are the only prolific growers. I am sad.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #382
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8497 Times on 4917 Posts
Likes Given: 11050

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
He was playing opossum every time I walked up to the trap,sometimes covering his eyes like he was hiding.

We relocated him 8 miles from our place,after he figured out he was free,he kicked in the afterburners for 50+ yards down a gravel road kicking up the dust! lol I wish I would've brought a camera.

I had a friend telling me that they(raccoons),have been known return up to 30 miles away??
The way he was running,we were wondering if he was going to beat us home?? lol

We finally,just in time have a electric fence installed.
We added 2 strands onto a temporary chain link fence around the sweetcorn,so far nothing has climbed over the fence this time.
I wish I had a trail cam for some entertainment. lol
I moved a den of foxes about 25 miles and they came back- but we had sealed up the areas that they had been getting under the buildings (this was at the school).

I imagine coons would be the same.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #383

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I moved a den of foxes about 25 miles and they came back- but we had sealed up the areas that they had been getting under the buildings (this was at the school).

I imagine coons would be the same.

Isn't that just amazing how those animals can find their way home? I haven't seen my little bandit buddy yet

Old 09-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #384

Well we caught our second coon last night in a live trap,those coons just can't resist that tuna.We dropped this little bandit 15 miles from here and hope he doesn't find his back
It seems like our electric fence has kept the coons out of our last sweetcorn patch for the season,which should be ready any day now.

Old 09-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #385

Liked 2501 Times on 1626 Posts

Put a collar on the next one you catch, that way you know its the same one coming back.

Feral cat waterboarder

MOshooter Likes This 
Old 09-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Put a collar on the next one you catch, that way you know its the same one coming back.
lol primer I thought about painting their tails so I could keep their names straight,kinda like a name tags haha

Old 09-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #387

Liked 2501 Times on 1626 Posts

Fall crop of beans turned out great! I've picked three gallons in two pickings, and will pick more tomorrow.

I thinned out a few carrots, they were good but a little bland. Maybe cooler weather will add flavor.

Fall crop of lettuce and spinach were hurt by hot and dry weather. The rain we've had the last two days should help, as with the cooler temps. It was 96 Wednesday, and the expected low is 44 tonight.

Cukes are long gone, potatoes have died down, and are ready for digging.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 09-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #388

Liked 74 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 204

Quote:
Well we caught our second coon last night in a live trap,those coons just can't resist that tuna.We dropped this little bandit 15 miles from here and hope he doesn't find his back
It seems like our electric fence has kept the coons out of our last sweetcorn patch for the season,which should be ready any day now.
Sardines in the live trap, get them in pretty quick too. I never dropped them off tho, I skinned them and hung their hides on my chicken coop! lil %%^&*tards
Old 09-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #389

Oh dern!!! I am kinda sad that my pumpkin plants thought they were rose bushes. Lots of flowers, but no pumpkins I was going to take the pumpkins to the range instead of making pie! d'oh!!

Old 09-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #390

Quote:

Ok now I'm laughing. Oh you bet that coon is coming back for more tuna casserole... That was the best meal they had all season! lol! oh boy! good luck with the sweetcorn patch!