You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Anybody planting a garden....


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #331
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Does anyone here participate in a community garden? Here is a good video on neighborly gardening involvement. (NSFW)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c22_1375265790
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #332
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ez2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MODESTO CA.
Posts: 1,799
Liked 570 Times on 384 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Does anyone here participate in a community garden? Here is a good video on neighborly gardening involvement. (NSFW)

Video Link: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c22_1375265790
Wow those people have patience
I think I might have at least started watering the garden or something like that.
Time to weed eat everything on the outside of the fence
Ez2b is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:44 PM   #333
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez2b View Post
Wow those people have patience
I think I might have at least started watering the garden or something like that.
Time to weed eat everything on the outside of the fence
I'm thinking I'm gonna build me an outhouse tonight.....
Vikingdad is offline  
willshoum Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #334
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Zombiegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest,Indiana
Posts: 4,126
Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I was going to try and plant one this year but our weather has been so unpredictable. It pretty much stormed through all of April and May. It's still not hot yet either. Very strange.
Zombiegirl is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #335
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,433
Liked 1933 Times on 1370 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Fodder for the garden.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Does anyone here participate in a community garden? Here is a good video on neighborly gardening involvement. (NSFW)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c22_1375265790
One behind the ear and the foul mouth will set blooms in the spring.............
__________________
For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........
willshoum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #336
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,922
Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
One behind the ear and the foul mouth will set blooms in the spring.............
The scary part is that the old bat sounds like my departed mother-in-law, though she didn't swear with quite so much gusto.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #337
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,474
Liked 650 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
The scary part is that the old bat sounds like my departed mother-in-law, though she didn't swear with quite so much gusto.

I need that old bat for a scarecrow!!
These Mother*#^*in' Raccoons are about to make me quit gardening!! The last 3 nights they keep coming in and raiding my sweetcorn patch!!
Not a happy camper!!

I have halogen lights,live traps,steel traps,fly bait,and a radio playing and those little SOBs keep coming??
MOshooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #338
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,474
Liked 650 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
I need that old bat for a scarecrow!!
These Mother*#^*in' Raccoons are about to make me quit gardening!! The last 3 nights they keep coming in and raiding my sweetcorn patch!!
Not a happy camper!!

I have halogen lights,live traps,steel traps,fly bait,and a radio playing and those little SOBs keep coming??

Not enough caffeine and seeing the damage in the sweetcorn patch,had me boiling

I'm onto plan B or C? On keeping those son of guns out!

Dads bringing over more steel traps and we're going to try and put some temporary fencing around the patch.
I'm setting up a ground cover blind(tent) for tonight with more lights 35-40 yards from the patch with 3" mag no.4 Turkey loads,that should do the trick
MOshooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #339
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,433
Liked 1933 Times on 1370 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Sweet corn bandits.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOshooter View Post
Not enough caffeine and seeing the damage in the sweetcorn patch,had me boiling

I'm onto plan B or C? On keeping those son of guns out!

Dads bringing over more steel traps and we're going to try and put some temporary fencing around the patch.
I'm setting up a ground cover blind(tent) for tonight with more lights 35-40 yards from the patch with 3" mag no.4 Turkey loads,that should do the trick
You need a scoped 22. If not set out live traps baited with fresh debacked live crabs...................Coons can't resist because they feed on the banks of the rivers...............
__________________
For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........
willshoum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #340
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,474
Liked 650 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
You need a scoped 22. If not set out live traps baited with fresh debacked live crabs...................Coons can't resist because they feed on the banks of the rivers...............
Thanks for the tips willshoum,I really appreciate the tip and will be looking for some type of crab meat or tuna??

Yesterday we put a temporary chain link fence with t-posts around the sweetcorn patch they keep visiting,we added more steel traps around the outside perimeter and they still climbed in last night?
I guess we're going to try an electric fence around the chain link fence to save the last bit of this patch?

This is our first sweetcorn patch planted this spring,what happened after we planted we had heavy rains and flooding and lost 50-60% of the patch. So 2 weeks later I was able to get in and replant what had flooded,the early planting we didn't have so much problems with the coons. Now with the remaining 50-60% just about ready for harvest we can't keep those sons of guns out!!??

I have to figure how to keep these Bandits out of our last sweetcorn patch of the season which will be ready in mid Sept.? 12 rows 30 feet long of Ambrosia sweetcorn some of the best eating.

Thanks again
MOshooter is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
.22 revolver found in garden stuckboy Revolver Handguns 8 02-27-2010 03:14 PM
Everyone Should be Ready. Rex84, Garden Plot Cory Politics, Religion and Controversy 17 03-31-2009 06:14 PM
Food czar coming to your backyard garden! Bigcountry02 Politics, Religion and Controversy 4 03-29-2009 01:19 AM