Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anybody planting a garden....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #241
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1719 Times on 1242 Posts
Likes Given: 1962

Default The good the bad and the ugly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Pics? Like a ladybug?
Well I found a grown one. It's about 3/8ths to a 1/2'' long. Red with black wings and black markings on top. Two antenae, and what looks to be a, feeding tube for a mouth. The young ones look like red bugs crossed with fleas with a pot belly............Seems I didn't kill the all.............. Oh and they have long spider like legs.................................

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Last edited by willshoum; 05-16-2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: add on.........

Old 05-18-2013, 04:00 AM   #242

Liked 2339 Times on 1521 Posts

Planted carrots, green and yellow beans, radishes, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, spinach today.

First "harvest" of the year, radishes. Not hot at all.
forumrunner_20130517_235757.jpg

Feral cat waterboarder

BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 05-18-2013, 04:04 AM   #243

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Wow nice shape and color! Not often I see such perfectly round radish.

Whats your plans for them?

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 05-18-2013, 04:08 AM   #244

Liked 2339 Times on 1521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119
Wow nice shape and color! Not often I see such perfectly round radish.

Whats your plans for them?
Cherry bell variety. Ones down, one to go I eat them fresh as an appetizer, or in a salad. The "sparklers" are better, sweet and creamy but firm texture.

Feral cat waterboarder

BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Old 05-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #245
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1149 Times on 640 Posts
Likes Given: 458

Got my garden spot tilled yesterday, will plant next weekend.

Maters, peppers, cabbage, yellow crook-neck squash, maybe a broccoli or cauliflower or three.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #246
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default wierd...........

I transplanted a tomato plant that grew out of my compost pile. the tomato's look like roma's, the thing is that roma's are determinate. This plant is 5 feet tall and still growing. No suckers or off shoots, if the last bunch of flowers germinate, I'll have 10 tomato's on one stem.......

Old 05-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #247
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7659 Times on 4419 Posts
Likes Given: 9868

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
I transplanted a tomato plant that grew out of my compost pile. the tomato's look like roma's, the thing is that roma's are determinate. This plant is 5 feet tall and still growing. No suckers or off shoots, if the last bunch of flowers germinate, I'll have 10 tomato's on one stem.......
So will you be canning them then?

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #248
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default Mother nature.............

Bar the bugs and the birds, I'll be eating these fresh from the plant for breakfast...........I'll save the first one that ripens for seed next year......I love tomato plants that don't produce suckers. e.g. creole tomato plants..........By the by, I still haven't cut that pumpkin to get your seeds to plant, as of now its still edible, I picked this thing last fall, talk about shelf life....................You will get your seeds..............wills...........

Old 05-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #249
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7659 Times on 4419 Posts
Likes Given: 9868

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Bar the bugs and the birds, I'll be eating these fresh from the plant for breakfast...........I'll save the first one that ripens for seed next year......I love tomato plants that don't produce suckers. e.g. creole tomato plants..........By the by, I still haven't cut that pumpkin to get your seeds to plant, as of now its still edible, I picked this thing last fall, talk about shelf life....................You will get your seeds..............wills...........
Actually I have had some personal things come up and my garden is pretty much out of my hands now- my wife has taken it over and doesn't want me "meddling" with "her" garden.

"My" garden has taken a back seat this season. I will still take the seeds, it is not like pumpkin seed goes bad in one year if I don't get them planted this season (its getting late for planting pumpkins around here now anyhow- thouh they will still do well if planted late.) Hopefully I will be growing my garden elsewhere next year.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #250
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6636 Times on 4015 Posts
Likes Given: 7890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Actually I have had some personal things come up and my garden is pretty much out of my hands now- my wife has taken it over and doesn't want me "meddling" with "her" garden.

"My" garden has taken a back seat this season. I will still take the seeds, it is not like pumpkin seed goes bad in one year if I don't get them planted this season (its getting late for planting pumpkins around here now anyhow- thouh they will still do well if planted late.) Hopefully I will be growing my garden elsewhere next year.
I would be thrilled if I had a man that wanted to work the garden for me. Anytime a man wants to do some work for me, it's all his. I'm tired of doing it all myself. Wassa matter with that woman????