Anybody planting a garden.... - Page 25
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anybody planting a garden....

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #241
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,433
Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default The good the bad and the ugly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Pics? Like a ladybug?
Well I found a grown one. It's about 3/8ths to a 1/2'' long. Red with black wings and black markings on top. Two antenae, and what looks to be a, feeding tube for a mouth. The young ones look like red bugs crossed with fleas with a pot belly............Seems I didn't kill the all.............. Oh and they have long spider like legs.................................
__________________

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........


Last edited by willshoum; 05-16-2013 at 02:13 PM. Reason: add on.........
willshoum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #242
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,610
Liked 2552 Times on 1655 Posts

Default

Planted carrots, green and yellow beans, radishes, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, spinach today.

First "harvest" of the year, radishes. Not hot at all.
forumrunner_20130517_235757.jpg

__________________

Feral cat waterboarder

primer1 is offline  
BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:04 AM   #243
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BigByrd47119's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 3,401
Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Default

Wow nice shape and color! Not often I see such perfectly round radish.

Whats your plans for them?

__________________

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

BigByrd47119 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:08 AM   #244
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,610
Liked 2552 Times on 1655 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119
Wow nice shape and color! Not often I see such perfectly round radish.

Whats your plans for them?
Cherry bell variety. Ones down, one to go I eat them fresh as an appetizer, or in a salad. The "sparklers" are better, sweet and creamy but firm texture.
__________________

Feral cat waterboarder

primer1 is offline  
BigByrd47119 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #245
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Gatoragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North GA. Back home in Dixieland.
Posts: 3,502
Liked 1252 Times on 703 Posts
Likes Given: 525

Default

Got my garden spot tilled yesterday, will plant next weekend.

Maters, peppers, cabbage, yellow crook-neck squash, maybe a broccoli or cauliflower or three.

__________________
Gatoragn is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #246
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,433
Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default wierd...........

I transplanted a tomato plant that grew out of my compost pile. the tomato's look like roma's, the thing is that roma's are determinate. This plant is 5 feet tall and still growing. No suckers or off shoots, if the last bunch of flowers germinate, I'll have 10 tomato's on one stem.......

__________________

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

willshoum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #247
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,420
Liked 8690 Times on 5024 Posts
Likes Given: 11294

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
I transplanted a tomato plant that grew out of my compost pile. the tomato's look like roma's, the thing is that roma's are determinate. This plant is 5 feet tall and still growing. No suckers or off shoots, if the last bunch of flowers germinate, I'll have 10 tomato's on one stem.......
So will you be canning them then?
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #248
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,433
Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Mother nature.............

Bar the bugs and the birds, I'll be eating these fresh from the plant for breakfast...........I'll save the first one that ripens for seed next year......I love tomato plants that don't produce suckers. e.g. creole tomato plants..........By the by, I still haven't cut that pumpkin to get your seeds to plant, as of now its still edible, I picked this thing last fall, talk about shelf life....................You will get your seeds..............wills...........

__________________

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

willshoum is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #249
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 14,420
Liked 8690 Times on 5024 Posts
Likes Given: 11294

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Bar the bugs and the birds, I'll be eating these fresh from the plant for breakfast...........I'll save the first one that ripens for seed next year......I love tomato plants that don't produce suckers. e.g. creole tomato plants..........By the by, I still haven't cut that pumpkin to get your seeds to plant, as of now its still edible, I picked this thing last fall, talk about shelf life....................You will get your seeds..............wills...........
Actually I have had some personal things come up and my garden is pretty much out of my hands now- my wife has taken it over and doesn't want me "meddling" with "her" garden.

"My" garden has taken a back seat this season. I will still take the seeds, it is not like pumpkin seed goes bad in one year if I don't get them planted this season (its getting late for planting pumpkins around here now anyhow- thouh they will still do well if planted late.) Hopefully I will be growing my garden elsewhere next year.
__________________

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:29 PM   #250
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 23,707
Liked 7647 Times on 4595 Posts
Likes Given: 9566

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Actually I have had some personal things come up and my garden is pretty much out of my hands now- my wife has taken it over and doesn't want me "meddling" with "her" garden.

"My" garden has taken a back seat this season. I will still take the seeds, it is not like pumpkin seed goes bad in one year if I don't get them planted this season (its getting late for planting pumpkins around here now anyhow- thouh they will still do well if planted late.) Hopefully I will be growing my garden elsewhere next year.
I would be thrilled if I had a man that wanted to work the garden for me. Anytime a man wants to do some work for me, it's all his. I'm tired of doing it all myself. Wassa matter with that woman????
__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
.22 revolver found in garden stuckboy Revolver Handguns 8 02-27-2010 04:14 PM
Everyone Should be Ready. Rex84, Garden Plot Cory Politics, Religion and Controversy 17 03-31-2009 07:14 PM
Food czar coming to your backyard garden! Bigcountry02 Politics, Religion and Controversy 4 03-29-2009 02:19 AM