Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Anybody with CPR skills (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/anybody-cpr-skills-11785/)

dragunovsks 03-12-2009 05:25 PM

Anybody with CPR skills

Anybody else got any other skills that go with CCW? Let me explain. I, in addition to having a gun permit, also am certified to use CPR. I figured in a gun fight situation if someone I know is hit I can help them in addition to putting rounds on target.

Not to mention since I work at a limestone quarry, everyone has to know how to use CPR in a livesaving situation.

skullcrusher 03-12-2009 05:30 PM

I've been thru the Red Cross first aid and cpr. I have not recertified in a few years, put some of those skills you never forget. I was a lifeguard at a lake for several years while I was in school.

Some things are just good to know, ya know.

cpttango30 03-12-2009 05:49 PM

Done the Army combat life saver class CPR and advanced life support (For animals). I was a vet tech that is why the als was from. But If I shoot your azz I sure ain't tryin to fix you up.

matt g 03-12-2009 05:50 PM

I'm American Heart Association BLS certified. In addition to CPR, I also know how to run an AED.

Both AHA and ARC now recommend using only chest compressions now. They no longer recommend rescue breathing.

dragunovsks 03-12-2009 06:27 PM

I forgot to mention that I also know how to use an AED. Our company brings in Red Cross people every couple of years and trains and recertifies everyone. It makes for an easy work day, sitting in the training room all day and getting paid for it. Plus the company buys us pizza on training days.:D

pioneer461 03-12-2009 06:35 PM

Because of the nature of my work, I've been certified off-and-on, since I was a Boy Scout in the 1950's. In those days, CPR consisted of laying the patient on their chest, kneeling by their head, pushing down on the chest and lifting the arms. :rolleyes:

I once took an advanced course in college, which included water rescues. Kinda cool. :cool:

Two weeks ago, I re-qualified for first aid, CPR and AED to keep my state investigator's license current.

dunerunner 03-12-2009 06:35 PM

Haven't recertified in CPR or Major Med. since I left the Agency. Trained every year for 33 years though, does that count?

robocop10mm 03-12-2009 07:43 PM

Certified CPR (adult and child), first aid, AED instructor.
Allowed my EMT cert to lapse a few years ago but can still remember most of it.

Amatuer Physician
Ametuer Pharmacist
Ametuer Pediatrician
Ametuer Chiropractor
Ametuer Gynecologist

The best doctor in Texas, practicing w/o a license.

matt g 03-12-2009 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 81419)
Certified CPR (adult and child), first aid, AED instructor.
Allowed my EMT cert to lapse a few years ago but can still remember most of it.

Amatuer Physician
Ametuer Pharmacist
Ametuer Pediatrician
Ametuer Chiropractor
Ametuer Gynecologist

The best doctor in Texas, practicing w/o a license.

I used to do some amateur pharmacist work.

SGT-MILLER 03-12-2009 08:50 PM

I've done some amateur Gynecologist work myself. I first got interested in that field right around my high school years.

Other than that, I'm CPR certified, AED, and CLS trained.