Any watch recommendations? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Any watch recommendations?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2011, 11:37 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Luminox Navy Seals dive watch. It is light and indestructible and you can see the number markings and hour/minute hands in the dark AT ALL TIMES due to the tritium. $200-250 you can't go wrong and you will not regret the purchase. I've had mine 10 years and it is still going strong, except for the 3 or 4 bands and batteries that I have replaced. They also come in stainless if you are wanting a heavier watch but they are a little higher.

NRA Member
Sustaining Member Southern Poverty Law Center
"Lighten Up Francis"
Semper gero sub gero

Old 04-19-2011, 03:36 AM   #12

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock4Epton View Post
I'm on the hunt for a nice watch for everyday wear. I have quite a few "dress" watches that I wear for going out w/ the wife etc...Not trying to spend a fortune, don't need any special features, just a nice everyday watch. Any suggestions or favorite brands??
How do you define "a fortune"?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-19-2011, 03:58 AM   #13

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Heck, even Timex has some nice watches that nobody will know they are a Timex. Aren't they a vendor on Promotive? Yes they are.

I have owned some seriously expensive watches watches in the past, and I went for years without wearing one. Man jewlery, meh. I now wear a Timex that looks like a watch that costs 5x's what I paid and it keeps time just as well.

Dress watches? If it really matters to you, then shop around at the high end retailers and look for sales. There are so many choices out there right now and look at Jewel #'s. Just my $.01.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-19-2011, 04:13 AM   #14
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2220 Times on 1200 Posts
Likes Given: 801

Anything from Luminox. The most important thing to me is I want to be able to tell the time in any light condition. It doesn't matter if it is pitch black for hours, you will always be able to read a Luminox.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 04-19-2011, 04:22 AM   #15
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

May not high end but high on use, don't know if they are even available any more but day to day Casio AW-S60. Solar powered, I've had mine for three years and it has never lost a second, needed a battery or winding. Alarm, dual time, back light and several other functions I don't use. Also not bad to look at. I'm a bit old school so still wear a watch daily and this one is the one I wear to work and on the weekends. It has seen less than kind care but functions perfectly.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #16

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Timex. It still takes a licking and keeps on ticking!

Old 04-19-2011, 12:24 PM   #17

Liked 99 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Timex, i'v had mine for 4 years and it has went through iraq and afghanistan, iv beat the hell outa it and the glass is still almost like new, the paint is faded with a nice wear look but it has never failed me yet and im a man who likes his watches. i highly recommend these, the web site has them for 50 msrp but they sell for $30 at wal mart up here.

Metal Field