Any Vietnam Veterans?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Any Vietnam Veterans?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 02:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Default Any Vietnam Veterans?

Can any Vietnam veterans give me some stories on how it was over there in Nam I have a report to do. Tell me how it was to be in a foreign country. Why did the war start, what weapons and equipment did you use at the time, anything you want to say about it. Thank you for your service god bless.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-21-2013, 06:45 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2983 Times on 1710 Posts
Likes Given: 17581

Well , it was beautiful , hot , lush , mountainous and I had a great view through the bars , (LBJ) , I bad , had trouble with Alkyhol and newbs out a "ROTC"..!

Don't get me wrong , them guys was ok , just a little green is all.! The more of the problem was the Alkyhol mixed with , by that time , six years vested in martial arts . I'm that guy that shouldn't drink and I don't and haven't for over 30+ years . My so called friends was always daring me to do stupid things.!
Drunk and totally stupid , I'd more than Oblige.!

Nam , I think of mud , I was a mechanic on track , wheeled . tandem axles vehicles. You get em stuck or broke down , I was the guy to go get em.!
A"HUMUNGUS" five ton wrecker , tow truck..! Eeek..! A little Alkyhol and it could be a weapon of "MASS DESTRUCTION" , that truck could tow tanks out a bogged down swamp .

Once . I ran over the post office for a friend that didn't get something , a package , a little ginny gin , and I was most obligin..! Did dodge a few bullets , a sobering experience , and my gun , (M-16) was so dirty , thang wouldn't shoot half the time..! My weapon of choice , Ma truck and harsh language ..!

No hero here..!

PS: I'm no loser , I was in the top 2% of everything I did , just two of me ,
one DRUNK and one SOBER..!

Last edited by dango; 03-21-2013 at 06:51 PM.
People Like This 
Old 03-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well , weapons: M-16 , 22 round mags. no kick , could click full auto , lay it smack on my crotch and NO kick ,<--Really sensitive to dirt , had to keep it clean , used ta put a condom over muzzle..! Law , toy looking anti armored disposable bazooka.!
M-29<--I think , Long time ago.Over-under rifle with grenade launcher , Big a$$ed shot gun looks.!
Clay-mores <--Eeeek..! 50 meter killing radius..Eeek ! Plastiques ,Being an artist , I had some interesting figurine bombs ,..! Stuff was totally stable with-out some ignition device . Once made a "T-REX" figurine bomb.! : frag grenades , ETC. many ways to die. Lost many friends..! like a bad movie , but time passes and I'm still here..! Hoo yaul..!

Old 03-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #4

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Dango, Hell the "Girl" Marines could move those old Russian trucks all alone.

untitled.jpg  
Old 03-21-2013, 08:45 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Dango, Hell the "Girl" Marines could move those old Russian trucks all alone.
Oh yeah , LOL ..! I'd rather drive her any day , wasn't an option , they gave me the truck..! Dang-it..! LOL

Since I'm on a rant , The "NAM" thing was a "POLICE ACTION" and a war of lies and economics , Much money is made in wars..! A stagnate economy and a pack of lies was the priority and motivation for this supposed war..!

Lyndon Johnson , Daddy of Operations (Pierce Arrow , Flaming Dart , Rolling Thunder) and then we gots ole "Tricky Dick Nixon" (Line Backer and the most famous , Operation Menu)..! We were not supposed to be in or near Cambodia
or Laos , night air strikes (Operation Menu) , to dispose of a peaceful pact signed in 1955..! OH WELL , alls fair in love and war..!

Old 03-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3860 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Both my dad and step dad are nam vets. My uncle went crazy from his experience, it ****ed up his life and eventually got him killed. My cousins and aunt suffered his pain for many years. Still, for what it's worth, they now have McDonalds and Coca Cola. What a sick punchline.

Jane Fonda can suck it dry! beotch!

Old 03-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I solute your family and do feel your and their pain , That was a time of no glory and no heroes. They did not even recognize "Post traumatic" anything back then . We were on our own.! Many could not cope and some of us got lucky.!
Through the graces of GOD , or whatever , some made it and are ok..!
I've got many friends all around this country , true brother-en and one never forgets , but does carry on..!

That was another motivator of my chosen wild , fearless , adventurous life style for some 12-14 years years..! Got the perfect attitude , just don't care what anybody thinks about me , but you can count on me in times of need .!

Most politely insane , at your service..! I like my perspective , like a movie I'd once seen and not really me at all..! Where's the pop-corn , dang-it..!

PS: these pills got me runn-eth at the mouth way too much , I'll stop , See Yaa,,! Advice to all , (DON'T LOOK BACK) , one step in front of the other , forward and on-ward..! Hooo Yaul..!

Last edited by dango; 03-21-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:27 AM   #8

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Thank all of you guys it's always a pleasure to listen to an American hero!

Old 03-22-2013, 04:33 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45JMB View Post
Thank all of you guys it's always a pleasure to listen to an American hero!
Ditto that , too Jagermeister and family , Hero in the truest sense..! Thanks too all that serve.........! And , to all the mothers that bore the load the most..!

Old 03-22-2013, 05:34 AM   #10

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45JMB View Post
Can any Vietnam veterans give me some stories on how it was over there in Nam I have a report to do. Tell me how it was to be in a foreign country. Why did the war start, what weapons and equipment did you use at the time, anything you want to say about it. Thank you for your service god bless.
Based on the comments it appears that no one wants to share their experiences or they did not serve in Vietnam. I would suggest that you visit the public library, they have tons of factual history about Vietnam. Another good source of info is the local VFW, most VFW posts have members preselected to discuss inquiries such as this on request.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

dango Likes This