Any vegans or vegetarians here? - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Any vegans or vegetarians here?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedAndVegan View Post
...and it is high time we all get weaned.

We could end the world's hunger by ending or greatly reducing our meat consumption.

The omnivores here are certainly coming off as a bit defensive.
I was OK with your statement until the "we all" part; as much as i love a good Southernism, the "we" reeks of "for our own good", and i would prefer people keep their FOOG to their own families.

We will never end world hunger; mammals, including many humans, "breed to their feed" and would simply breed more people to drink the soy milk and eat the whole wheat bread and rice crispies. Further, the political issues in sub-Saharan Africa would yield hunger, regardless of food supplies on hand.

Dude, you threw up the "vegan/vegetarian" flag in a firearms forum; did you expect people to simply crow about their target shooting? Many of these guys like to hunt; most of them eat most of what they hunt. Nobody has ever seem much bothered by my lack of taste for most meat.

If you want to know about shooter's most recent plinking outing, ask about it. If you want a good recipe for possum, ask Willshoum. If you want to know if a given concealed carry piece would make your average 180 pound guy look pudgy, ask away. If you want people to critique your diet and reasoning behind your diet, go on a forum with a majority of meat-eating and some meat-harvesting patrons to ask if there are any vegans/vegetarians about.

Just be glad they still use buns and lettuce on most burgers.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
The dairy industry (and any that breeds animals) uses rape for profit. FACT.
Have you ever seen a truly "civil" date between a bull and a cow? I haven't and have lived around beef cattle much of my life. Now ducks dating; that shat is BRUTAL! The drake will hold her head under water for a good bit of the "date" time. I'm not even gonna bring up the corkscrew.

Quote:
I also see children starving to death, in over-populated areas. We should grow vegetables to feed them, Instead of growing vegetables to feed cows so Americans can have a burger.
We should offer them food and birth control, package deal; solve both problems at once.

I encourage you to garden as much as you can; you will enjoy the fresh veggies and exercise. You can give away any extra produce to your local homeless shelter for extra fulfillment. But let others make their own call on that please.
People Like This 
Old 01-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #83

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Why is this even still going? This thread was a bad idea from the start. I think someone made the point, and one of the very few points I'll agree with that person on, there is a lot of energy spent by some people trying to convince others that there vegetarian lifestyle is best...

FWIW, I eat meat every damn day. Usually as much as I can. Last night was a pot roast. Yesterday lunch, McDonalds, night before, chili. Lunch before, fried chicken.

And this rape that I hear of so often...
Chickens are freaking stupid. So are cows. Their natural breeding habits are akin to rape. They don't "make love". If bulls and roosters didn't have the instinct to just breed, they would go extinct. Ain't no damn chicken or cow ever gonna start the conversation "hey sweetie, I think we should take our relationship to the next level, and maybe think about making a baby..."

No. Soon to be daddy in the animal kingdom just jumps on and taps that ass. Then I help mutilate their progeny because it belongs on a bun.

There are so many arguments pro meat, that really the only argument against meat is "I don't want it", in which case, more power to you. But no one has any right whatsoever to judge ANYONE else based on what they eat.
People Like This 
Old 01-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #84
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

I'm still trying to make the connection between diet and an enthusiasm for firearms. So far the best I can come up with is that veganism and guns are not what I would consider to be a common pairing. If anything I would say that here in CA (where vegans seem to be rather numerous) I can't say that I have run across any vegan gun nuts that I am aware of.

OK, in writing this I thought of the fact that the Indian culture is primarily vegetarian and I know some Indians (the Eastern kind) who are gun nuts, but in that case the Indian culture is primarily vegetarian, which came before the individual choice of diet. I think that may be where I make a distinction. With some individuals it is a personal choice that a person makes after some life experience. That is fine. But with other individuals they force their beliefs and choices onto others. Kind of like some fanboys out there!

I seem to recall (and granted, this is an extreme case) where a pair of vegan parents were convicted of murder when they refused to feed their newborn baby any breast milk. The poor child starved to death. I mean Hell, even a cow feeds its babies breast milk for Pete's sake!

(Personally I prefer human breast milk myself. Just can't seem to find it at the store is the problem!)
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 321 Times on 248 Posts
Likes Given: 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

FWIW, I eat meat every damn day. Usually as much as I can. Last night was a pot roast. Yesterday lunch, McDonalds, night before, chili. Lunch before, fried chicken.

I'm not continuing the debate, I just wanted to thank Trip for supporting my retirement fund by eating at McDonalds.

MCD - also serves salads OP !

VikingDad - as for Fanboys - the World would be a better place if everyone had a 1911 !

Last edited by Gonzilla; 01-02-2013 at 05:56 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #86

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
...The dairy industry (and any that breeds animals) uses rape for profit. FACT.
Dude, as bad as your blaming-America-first is the above is one sick puppy of a repeated perception. And I am not denegrating dogs by saying that! At least we're not in Korea or Malaysia (or was it Kenya where our President ate them when he wasn't in the madrasa)...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 01-02-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #87

Liked 85 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I'll tolerate vegans and atheists as long as they don't try pushing their beliefs on me, I'll respect both groups by not pushing my beliefs on them. Someone in this thread has stepped over that line by trying to preach to me how I should live my life and what I should eat.

Last edited by JSStryker; 01-02-2013 at 06:10 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #88

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Calling us "cattle rapists", and saying that milk is for babies, its time we all get "weaned" is a little too far.

This thread deteriorated for a reason. You brought a topic of veganism in a room full of meat eaters. When the tides did not shift in your favor, you began throwing out stuff about cow rapists.

Now I respect you right to eat non-animal products. I will not preach to you why I eat meat. I will not call you a "carrot rapist" for your choices, and would like to have the same respect.

Alright, having said that I'm a bit of hot-head but I don't stay mad for long. I'm sure you are a responsible gun owner and supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights (something this country needs more of).

I'd love to end this meat/veggie conversation , and talk about breaking clays, or punching paper. You may not want to join me in the hunting sub forum though.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #89
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1819 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSStryker
I'll tolerate vegans and atheists as long as they don't try pushing their beliefs on me, I'll respect both groups by not pushing my beliefs on them. Someone in this thread has stepped over that line by trying to preach to me how I should live my life and what I should eat.
Hey now. Why did atheists get brought into this convo? Even we know that your Bible says that God gave you dominion over the animals.......kindly removing myself now.......

Old 01-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #90
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10273 Times on 4432 Posts
Likes Given: 1628

...and so another peaceful day draws to a close in the sleepy village of Firearms Talk- NOT.

It IS time to put this one to bed, folks. To the original poster- you were doing well, right up to when gangrene set in.

In general, gun people tend to be very independent people, and do not take well to being told what they must do. When you began using terms with an emotionally loaded context, you started losing repect from your audience.

Please take a few minutes, read back through the postings, and see if you can identify a few key points where the discussion might have stayed closer to civil.

Closed Thread