Any vegans or vegetarians here? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Any vegans or vegetarians here?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6578 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I respect others' decisions when it comes to what they eat. That said, I love meat (that better not end up in the Freudian Slips thread) and I agree with Courtjester. Unless an animal is causing problems for you or someone else, don't kill it unless you plan on eating/wearing it.

Old 01-01-2013, 06:37 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I used to love meat and ate it voraciously for thirty years.

Then I realized it went against my instincts, which are to not hurt anything that isn't hurting me. I can eat delicious food without causing violence.

Thank you all for your input!

Old 01-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #13

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

More power too ya! I don't have those instincts,I love meat... I believe there's a popular diet called the paleo diet that is based on the diet of ancient humans and is largely based on meat. There are animals out there that will get hungry and kill and eat humans,so its only natural to kill and eat other animals. I believe meat is a part of a healthy diet.

Like I said more power to those who do,but me personally,I think you would have to be more worried about my instincts to maim or kill other humans if they deprived me of bacon.

There's a tick called the lone star tick that's starting to show up around my area that will cause a permanent allergic reaction to red meat if it bites you....

Sometimes... I have nightmares about it.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 01-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #14

Liked 702 Times on 491 Posts
Likes Given: 1109

My wife and I did the Dean Ornish diet after my stint. We lasted about six months and I lost about 25 lbs.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #15

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Any vegans or vegetarians here?
I think I'm kinda a vegetarian. I wait until the deer and squirrels, ect. eat enough grass and berries and nuts and stuff to get good and plump,---- then I eat them.
People Like This 
Old 01-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #16

Liked 272 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmedAndVegan View Post
Better than nothing! Why did you have to stop?
I don't have the cooking skills to be a full time vegan.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #17
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8167 Times on 4211 Posts
Likes Given: 9380

Cool to have a gun totin Vegan on the FTF, we is diverse as it gets, Orangello is a Vegan that wants all bears dead, he gladly donates the meat and hides to the poor and hungry! Glad you choose not to eat it, leaves more for the rest of us! I myself am an equal opportunity eater, if it looks, and smells good, I might eat it! If I like it, I will eat it again!

Kinda like George Bush The First when he said " Im the President of the United States of America, I dont have to eat Broccoli if I dont want to!". You would be surprised, some of us meat lovers are selective, I wont eat internal organs (Pumps, Filters, Testicles, Butholes and stuff like that), I had a really nice piece of Prime last night that was perfectly marbled and nicely Medium Rare, Yummy. I did not eat the nasty bitter little cabbage heads (Brussel Sprouts) or the salad, went straight for the Beef, giant Shrimp Cocktail, Lobster Ravioli and Smashed Taters, lots of butter, a couple Chivas And Water! My wife ate the brussels, she stunk the room up something terrible.
People Like This 
Old 01-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1363 Times on 666 Posts
Likes Given: 92

25 years ago my wife decided we had eaten too much meat, so we became vegetarians. AFter a couple of weeks, my car started turning into McDonalds, and I don't like McDonalds, so I gave it up.

Have some friends that have been vegetarians for years. and another that is Indian, and vegetarian since birth. I can say I am able to provide a vegetarian dish for them if they are over for dinner, and don't try to slip any meat into it to show them what they are missing. I still eat some vegetarian, but mostly there is meat involved.

Welcome aboard.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6734 Times on 3583 Posts
Likes Given: 504

Im trying to adopt the megan lifestyle. Meat only.

Veggies were killing me with having developed unknowingly a gluten allergy most things reaaaaallly tasty made of wheat was making me sick. I was gaining massive weight from that diet.

Cut out the plant matter in the form of wheat and im starting to lose all that weight.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 01-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #20

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
25 years ago my wife decided we had eaten too much meat, so we became vegetarians. AFter a couple of weeks, my car started turning into McDonalds, and I don't like McDonalds, so I gave it up.
What made you start going to McDonalds? Ease?

Luckily there are all sorts of vegan and vegetarian products out there that are quick and easy nowadays, and they get better in quality all the time.

My wife and I eat burritos and burgers and nachos and casserole and pasta and sloppy joes and veggies and fruit and ice cream and yogurt and chips and cookies and stir frys and chili and nuts and cake and pizza and......

I love the all veggie sub from Subway, on roasted garlic bread. The Veggie Grill is a quality vegan chain that is popping up more and more. The Seattle area and UW campus have GREAT vegan restaurants, luckily.

US meat and dairy consumption is down recently (HOORAY!!!) and up to 2% of the population related as vegan. It is a great lifestyle if you wish to aid the planet and every being on it. I am happier and healthier than I ever was in my 30 years of voracious meat consumption.

Thank you all for your input, and have a great 2013!

Closed Thread