Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Any suggestions? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/any-suggestions-14940/)

mossberg kid 06-18-2009 11:06 PM

Any suggestions?

Okay, im frustrated right now so excuse any grammar errors haha. So anyways i have a little Lorcin 25acp that i call squirt, its in all honesty a peice of crap (already stated when i told you its a lorcin) but still i've held onto it because it was my first handgun. while cleaning it about a month back i knocked something loose or something so now the slide only comes back about half an inch? i really dont shoot it much and never carry it but still i like my guns to work when i do want to shoot them. I called around and my normal gunsmith said he cant because its too much of a liabilty and the others pretty much all said no its not worth there time. That really pissed me off :mad: Sure i could just go buy a new 25 (i like the round it reminds me of a mini 357 for some reason:rolleyes:)like a tarus or beretta but i like mine and dont want a new one. i just want mine to work so i can shoot off my last two boxes of ammo and then put it in a display case that says "squirt". Since no one will work on it for me i think im going to try to fix it myself unless anyone has a better idea? And if we cant come up with a better idea im really going to need some help and advice on what to look for and so on. As always any help is apreciated Thanks.

mossberg kid 06-18-2009 11:08 PM

Damn, i just realized this fellas, i already know its a junk gun and all so please if all your going to say is its not worth it or its just junk then dont say anything.

skullcrusher 06-18-2009 11:28 PM

Have you taken it down and checked for missing parts? Do you have a manual with all parts listed? Maybe a misformed spring? Maybe put it up, and sell the ammo. Just typing out loud.

mossberg kid 06-19-2009 12:16 AM

no manual, no parts are missing though i do know that.

Minionsram 06-19-2009 12:28 AM

I would take it apart and inspect each piece. Then inspect slide , frame ect. I wish I could help ya more, but I know little about that Pistol. Sounds like something just jumped timing or popped out of place. Take it down and go over it with a fine tooth comb.

mossberg kid 06-19-2009 12:38 AM

Im trying to take it down right now but its staring to confuse me haha. i did find a part list that i printed off though so i hope that will help

mossberg kid 06-19-2009 01:52 AM

WOOO HOOO! i got it haha a piece just came loose

CA357 06-19-2009 02:57 AM

Excellent. I'm happy it worked out for you.

skullcrusher 06-19-2009 02:59 AM

So now you are gonna trust it to shoot?:eek:

Iffin the gunsmiths say no way, what makes you say yea? Just curious...

mossberg kid 06-19-2009 06:56 PM

I've had it for about 5 years and i've only had one malfunction and that was just a feeding thing because of the clip. So i feel pretty safe to shoot it. They weren't refering to MY gun just lorcins in general as dangerous to shoot but like i said i've only had one problem with it and its been feeding the first round of a new clip. Besides its only another 100 rounds before i put it away for good.