Any reptile lovers? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Any reptile lovers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 07:06 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Scorpions *shiver* I draw the line there. Don't ask me why, but 8 legs + claws + stinger = too much for me to handle. I get nailed at least once a summer. Little buggers love to hide out in my house. There are only 2 things in life that I really fear... Scorpions & biological warfare. Still, I'd love to see pics if you have them.

Nitrox, maybe we'll run into each other one of these days.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #22

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Sounds good. See ya if I see ya

Old 04-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
death,

Where ya been man?
around...... i work really effin stupid hours

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 04-01-2010, 07:21 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Spiders and Snakes

A Coonass will eat eat just about anything if it don't eat him first. I hear roasted terantulas taste like crab meat, and Rattle Snake is real good. Down here in La. When we relocate something it means it made it to pot or the frying pan. The only snakes I hate are the ones I can't see. Rattle snake is one. Wills in da swamp in La. One shot One Kill.........

Old 04-01-2010, 07:49 PM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Rattlesnake tastes awesome. Like pheasant almost. Put a good cajun spice on it, pair it with a great lager, and call it a night.

Can't say I've ever eaten Tarantula, but if it tastes like crab...

Old 04-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I've had a few reptile pets, a burmese named Speck, a ball python named Ralph, and a "golden agama" (painted dragon) named Horny. I didn't really bond with the ball, but the others were great pets. I'd have to say Speck was my favorite. I now have a couple of cats & have vowed to go back to reptiles after the cats are done torturing me. I don't know about "creepy" chick as a description; Speck got much love from most of the females he encountered. He couldn't fetch the paper, but he did seem to retrieve young ladies for some reason. I actually lost him for an hour or so at a frat party when a young lady wandered off with him, but he brought her back later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Fl is starting a trapping season on them and I believe are looking at opening hunting up on them to the point of coyote if you see it shoot it type of hunting.
I saw a report this morning indicating that the last cold snap may have killed off the majority of the pythons FL was taking aim at.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 04-01-2010 at 08:12 PM.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:26 PM   #27

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I saw a report this morning indicating that the last cold snap may have killed off the majority of the pythons FL was taking aim at.
I bet that is wishful thinking. Florida is not new to nor immune from cold snaps. These snakes have been living and breeding for more than just a year or so. I imagine some may have died off, but this is becoming a huge problem. From what I saw, Florida opened up hunting this year and they note that there is a problem with the Burmese, African Rock and Indian pythons as well as Green anacondas. They did not mention Reticulated pythons who are known for their testy demeanor as well as huge size.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-02-2010, 12:19 AM   #28
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 468 Times on 257 Posts

Wow, Spider freaky Spider with Baby pictures viewable. That is just Crazy.

Last I knew Spiders were not Reptiles, I click to see reptiles and get a face full of spiders and tiny spiders. Not cool.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 View Post
i love the lil creepy crawlies. ive had almost a dozen scorpions, ive had a baby red tail, but my favorites were my rainbow amievas. i loved watchin them eat, it was so graphic. especially the female, shed grab a mouseby the neck and use her claw to put a slit down the stomach then violently shake it till all the guts were strewn about the aquarium awwwwesome

African Fattail was the dealiest one that I had. Actually bought them off a fella who's wife told him they all had to go.. I bought his spiders and scorpions. The African was actually pretty scarry for me to have since they have a rep for being the deadliest scorpions in the world.

NRA Life Member, Georgia Gun Owners
www.RCGunworksllc.com

" Guns have only two enemies: RUST & POLITICIANS"

"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms"

The U.S. Constitution: The 2nd Amendment is in place in case the Politicians ignore the others"

Old 04-02-2010, 04:40 PM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
I bet that is wishful thinking. Florida is not new to nor immune from cold snaps. These snakes have been living and breeding for more than just a year or so. I imagine some may have died off, but this is becoming a huge problem. From what I saw, Florida opened up hunting this year and they note that there is a problem with the Burmese, African Rock and Indian pythons as well as Green anacondas. They did not mention Reticulated pythons who are known for their testy demeanor as well as huge size.
Honestly, Retics are nowhere near as nasty as the Rocks. I've never met a Rock python I could trust around any vital parts. The Retics I have can be unpredictable at times, but at least they break it up with spells of not acting like they want to eat my face 24 hours a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Wow, Spider freaky Spider with Baby pictures viewable. That is just Crazy.

Last I knew Spiders were not Reptiles, I click to see reptiles and get a face full of spiders and tiny spiders. Not cool.
Hehe... yeah, sorry about that. I tend to group all exotics together. Maybe I should've given a warning.