Any Rennies? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Any Rennies?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 10:26 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 303 Times on 202 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Used to go every year with my daughter when she was little. (6 y.o. to 12 y.o.) The kid had alot of fun and so did I. The jousting matches are cool, turkey legs were off the hook, many kinds of ale, lots of plays, and at times many well endowed women walking around in nothing more than 1/4" chain male. Things to buy like swords, axes, goblets, clothing, chain male, jewelry, along with other renaissance era stuff. These renaissance faires can get pricey if your buying stuff. I never got out of one without spending at least $400.00 not including admission fee's. They are however alot of fun especially if it is a well promoted event. The one I used to go to was on Hwy. 37 north of San Francisco heading towards San Rafael. It long has been gone from there due to the development of a housing tract on their site.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:52 PM   #12

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Been to festivals in NY, NJ and AZ. Lots of fun although I don't get into the outfits and equipment. I mostly go for the women, beer and food.

Probably going to hit the one in NY this summer.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 04-28-2009, 11:18 PM   #13
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8703 Times on 3766 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Larkspur CO. And they are the answer to "Whatever happened to the gypsies?"

Old 04-29-2009, 04:17 AM   #14

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

There's a group, the SCA, that does re-enactments and stuff, and they're national. It's no joke. They live this stuff. States are broken into kingdoms, and they actually fight with rattan swords mounted on sword hilts.

These guys actually war against rival kingdoms, it's cool as hell.

I've done the faires in a kilt, and if you show them you're at least trying, they embrace you.

Working on my Leonidas gear for the upcoming one.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:39 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2692 Times on 1406 Posts
Likes Given: 216

Worked the Texas Rennaisance Festival in College. We had the t-shirt concession. We made good money. Oh the debauchery that went on at the crew parties Saturday night! Of course this was in the days before HIV so the campus Dr. could cure whatever ailed you.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 04-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #16

i went to one a few yrs back. it was fun. i got to throw tomatoes at a guys head. got em right in the nose. awww fun times. planning on attending this year too. my better half , some friends and i took a lil trip to the Ga coast for pirate fest last year and dont have the money for the trip this year so we have desided that we will take part in the ren. fest this year and wear our pirate costumes. i plan on being tanked the whole time, thats just want pirates do. i wonder if they will let me carrie my Kentucky Percussion Pistol ????

but yeah they are a blast. throwing axes, knives, sword fights, juggleing, mead, meat, guy blowing himself up.... i say its all around good family fun.