Any Other Hobbies or Collections?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Any Other Hobbies or Collections?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Default Any Other Hobbies or Collections?

So I know we do guns here. Most of us have at least a few and some of us have a small arsenal. But what else? Any other hobbies out there? Anything else you collect? Coins? Stamps? Baseball Cards? Do they even make baseball cards anymore?

Personally, I'm a big fan of pens. I love fountain pens especially, but anything rare or foreign is appealing to me. I also love watches. My wife gave me a really beautiful timepiece for our wedding last year and I've got a couple of everyday watches that I rotate through. I can't afford the big stuff yet. But I'm working on it.

I'm a photographer and graphic designer and collect cameras as well. Film cameras have always intrigued and inspired me and I recently dusted off my dad's old camera and started shooting with it again. I've been slowly collecting lenses for it and hope to complete the kit with as many lenses from the original lineup as possible someday.

The last thing would be RC Planes. I've started to dabble in that a little bit with my father-in-law. He's quite the RC Pilot with some beautiful birds (look at me, using all that fancy lingo ). Personally, I'm still on the foamies as that's what the budget allows.

So what keeps you going on the days that shooting isn't an option or when you need a little time to yourself?

Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

Here is an ongoing thread on the subject.

www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/what-your-hobbies-77862/

Old 12-07-2012, 08:40 PM   #3

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
Here is an ongoing thread on the subject.

www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/what-your-hobbies-77862/
DOH! Sorry guys... feel free to delete the thread.
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"