Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Any NASCAR fans on here....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 12:48 AM   #961
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 749 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
Cup cars ARE better suited for road course racing, If they have the better car, they can smash up the car in front of them, and move them out of the way.All the open wheel guys can do is ride around, and hope the car in front misses its marks. And You must not have watched many Daytona races, they are 3 and 4 wide most of the time, restrictor plates have them bunched up. The restarts, and last 10 laps are always fun to watch. But i guess its all about what your into. Once you learn the names and faces, who crew chiefs for who, how things work, etc. Any form of racing probably becomes interesting. Im a Kyle Busch fan, so i dont get along with most NASCAR fans either...... And really prefer SCORE/LUCUS OIL/TORC. Off road racing, And NHRA Drag racing. So im just here to throw gas on the fire........
Your kinda new in these parts so i will take pity and play nice...but for the record i have been a gear head for 40 or so years. Have built and raced cars for close to 20 of those. Been to quite (read: a lot) a few different forms of racing, 2 wheel, 4 wheel, pavement, dirt, circle jerk, straight line, you name it. Have been to Dega and MIS MANY times, been to Daytona etc...not to mention every sunday i am not on the river fishing or out working, my ass is planted in front of a tube, with a beer in muh fist, WATCHING the race!

NASCRAP has done their best to ruin the sport. Its the Chad and Jimmy or "Mr. H" (GAG i despise that crooked POS) show and has become follow the leader BS! Thems just the plain ole facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john300k View Post
I think a lot of people just don't understand NASCAR racing. NASCAR painfully makes it so the cars are equal in EVERY way. It is all about the driver, no traction control or any computerized pit speed control. It is all seat of the pants driving and its the driver controlling the gas and brakes. As far as drivers go you have Juan Problem Montoya an F1 driver/winner that has only won 2 races in ten years. Marcus Ambrose multi time Supercar Champ with 2 wins as well. There are many Indy, Sprint car, World of Outlaws, Silver crown and late model winners that are lucky to run in the top 20 in NASCAR Cup or even Nationwide. The stock cars are very heavy and have very narrow tires compared to most other race cars. These cars are a handful to drive and it takes a lot of talent to be successful in the sport.
I KNOW this wasnt directed at ME. IF it is, you havent been paying attention.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
john300k Likes This 
Old 07-28-2013, 03:04 AM   #962

Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Your kinda new in these parts so i will take pity and play nice...but for the record i have been a gear head for 40 or so years. Have built and raced cars for close to 20 of those. Been to quite (read: a lot) a few different forms of racing, 2 wheel, 4 wheel, pavement, dirt, circle jerk, straight line, you name it. Have been to Dega and MIS MANY times, been to Daytona etc...not to mention every sunday i am not on the river fishing or out working, my ass is planted in front of a tube, with a beer in muh fist, WATCHING the race!

NASCRAP has done their best to ruin the sport. Its the Chad and Jimmy or "Mr. H" (GAG i despise that crooked POS) show and has become follow the leader BS! Thems just the plain ole facts.

I KNOW this wasnt directed at ME. IF it is, you havent been paying attention.
I'm sure she will appreciate your "playing nice" and "taking pity" after all a girl cant possibly know anything about motorsports....Thank you kind sir.

Is it your nature to try and discredit anything you cant figure out, or dont understand........?

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Last edited by readygirl; 07-28-2013 at 03:26 AM.
DFlynt Likes This 
Old 07-28-2013, 03:24 AM   #963

Congrats to Kyle for his win today... SHR car on the pole for tomorrow....Hate to see Newman go next year, i like him, But should be exciting with Harvick coming in. And they secured Buweiser to continue sponsoring him, so the $$$$ will be there....

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 07-28-2013, 03:38 AM   #964

Liked 130 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Rowdy Busch wins from the pole...

Old 07-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #965
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
I'm sure she will appreciate your "playing nice" and "taking pity" after all a girl cant possibly know anything about motorsports....Thank you kind sir.

Is it your nature to try and discredit anything you cant figure out, or dont understand........?
LOL, never said anything of the sort. Once, many moons ago i was good friends (ok, maybe a bit more) with a comely lass that knew her way around an engine block...she had 65 chevelle with a 327 she built whilst i was running my 72 Nova wit a 350.

Ahhhh, the good ole days of fast cars, faster women and good whiskey.

Have it figured out and understand it just fine. You lass should know this well considering the fine banter we have had on this thread for a couple of seasons now.

readygirl Likes This 
Old 07-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #966

Liked 56 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 3

News flash. Kyle Busch re-took a 4th grade math test and got a 100% score!

I don't think he will find today's race quite so easy.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #967

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGlamis View Post
News flash. Kyle Busch re-took a 4th grade math test and got a 100% score!

I don't think he will find today's race quite so easy.
It's not as easy for the cup guys "bushwhackers" to drop down and win a Nationwide race as you might think. Lots of them try it when they are at the same venue. And he dominated that race start to finish. But his SMOKIN HOT...wife Samantha is a Perdue University Honors Graduate....So he can just sit back with a cold one, and watch her do the math.......

Last edited by readygirl; 07-28-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #968
fmj

Speaking of Purdue graduates! (Newman is a engineering graduate...purdue is known as an engineering school)

HELL YES!!!!!GREAT to see a HOOSIER Sit on the Pole and then KISS THE BRICKS!!! Driving a HOOSIER owned car!!!!

[QUOTE]It's not as easy for the cup guys "bushwhackers" to drop down and win a Nationwide race as you might think. Lots of them try it when they are at the same venue. And he dominated that race start to finish. But his SMOKIN HOT...wife Samantha is a Perdue University Honors Graduate....So he can just sit back with a cold one, and watch her do the math....... [Quote]

For the record, shes a fellow personal fitness trainer...not a real math heavy career...

Last edited by fmj; 07-28-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Old 07-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #969

Liked 130 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Congrats to Ryan Newman and the 39 Stewart Haas race team!

Oh, I believe there were 5 Cup drivers that finished in the top ten in yesterdays Nationwide race...

Old 07-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #970

Quote:
Originally Posted by john300k View Post
Congrats to Ryan Newman and the 39 Stewart Haas race team!

Oh, I believe there were 5 Cup drivers that finished in the top ten in yesterdays Nationwide race...
2 SHR cars in the top 5...