Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Any NASCAR fans on here....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 12:51 AM   #951
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by akers06 View Post
How about sending the f1 cars to Eldora Lmao.
LOL....... Now thats an FI race i would watch. but you would still have to get rid of the peppy- lapyew announcers, and the arty fart-atelly foreign drivers, i cant stand listening to them talk. But they do already have outlaw sprint car wings on them, so, different tires....and it might work....

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 07-27-2013, 01:00 AM   #952

Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Not buying that at all.. Plenty of other form of racing-cars and motorcycles race in the rain..

Attachment 111431

Enough lean to get a knee down in the rain and pushing 200mph in the straights in The rain.
Time for nascar to step up.. I mean they finally discovered fuel injection..

Not many if any NASCAR drivers could succeed in F1 or V8 super car racing.. They are great drivers but very far from 'World Class'
Yea, but nobody here cares about those forms of racing. There's
nobody watching even when its nice weather. I was in Daytona for bike week a few yrs ago. They had the superbike 200, nobody in the stands....I will say they are some crazy MFers tho. They would come out of the turns in the middle with the back tire sliding out, and the front tire off the ground.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 07-27-2013, 06:45 AM   #953

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by akers06

That's why every driver from f1, Indy cars or the v8 super cars come to Nascar and runs 20th every race??? Yea real great divers lol.....look at the old iroc cars look who dominated those cars the Nascar drivers
That's because nascars are archaic, Stone Age.. They may qualify or run 20th in NASCAR, but there may be 5 NASCAR drivers that could even qualify in an Open wheel car..
Ever notice drivers that struggle to make the cut in open wheel cars(Danica is a prime example) are competitive in NASCAR? You never see drivers go from NASCAR to open wheel cars, it doesn't happen, and the fact the drivers in other forms of racing make bigger bucks supports it and that other racing is world class and far more refined.
Like I say, there great drivers but not world class, world class means your series races in countries around the world, not just states within a country.. Oh, and they turn right on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl

Yea, but nobody here cares about those forms of racing. There's
nobody watching even when its nice weather. I was in Daytona for bike week a few yrs ago. They had the superbike 200, nobody in the stands....I will say they are some crazy MFers tho. They would come out of the turns in the middle with the back tire sliding out, and the front tire off the ground.
What you saw was AMA racing, which is motorcycling NASCAR, meaning its US based. It's like minor league baseball. Where as Moto GP and WSB is the big leagues.

As big and popular as NASCAR is in the US, other forms of racing(two wheeled, open wheeled, supercar etc) are popular world wide.

Marlboro, exiled from NASCAR puts 250M plus into Ferraris F1 team and 25m plus in Ducati's Moto GP team.. They get a red car and white barcode for their money..

NASCAR is good time in person, I've been to many races.. What I'm saying is its time to step out of the stone ages, there's so much more performance with the same hp to be had.. Meaning faster laps with the same hp levels.

I know I sound condescending, that's not what I'm after.. I'm just disappointed in the very very slow evolution of NASCAR, so much potential.

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Last edited by deadsp0t; 07-27-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #954

Liked 739 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 1179

I guess those other forms of racing are like soccer, real big in other countries, but just amounts to free daycare here.

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

Old 07-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #955

I would like to see a NASCAR race where they pick a year when they still raced "cars" and not "rail buggies with car bodies" and race the cars from that year. Nascar has gone away from what made it great, i dont like roof flaps, pit row speed limits, computer fuel injection, etc. The open wheel cars are boring to watch because they cant pass, they play follow the leader for 300 laps. And they sound like a sweeper with something stuck in the hose. I guess us AMERICANS are just not refined enough to appreciate "world class" racing, We still have chili stains on our shirt, and a fried chicken bone in the door pocket of our truck.... I do like the v8 supercar series, and would like to see Rowdy Busch try his luck in an INDY CAR one time. He would either bring back the trophy, or the steering wheel....LOL.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #956
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by akers06 View Post
Send em it's just another boring road coarse
Ahhh yes another "boring road course" person...but these same people LOVE those ohhh so exciting races at MIS, Chitcagoland, Commiefornica, or even better the "follow the leader single file "races"" at Daytona.

We need MORE road courses in NASCAR!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
shadecorp Likes This 
Old 07-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #957

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
Ahhh yes another "boring road course" person...but these same people LOVE those ohhh so exciting races at MIS, Chitcagoland, Commiefornica, or even better the "follow the leader single file "races"" at Daytona.

Cup cars ARE better suited for road course racing, If they have the better car, they can smash up the car in front of them, and move them out of the way.All the open wheel guys can do is ride around, and hope the car in front misses its marks. And You must not have watched many Daytona races, they are 3 and 4 wide most of the time, restrictor plates have them bunched up. The restarts, and last 10 laps are always fun to watch. But i guess its all about what your into. Once you learn the names and faces, who crew chiefs for who, how things work, etc. Any form of racing probably becomes interesting. Im a Kyle Busch fan, so i dont get along with most NASCAR fans either...... And really prefer SCORE/LUCUS OIL/TORC. Off road racing, And NHRA Drag racing. So im just here to throw gas on the fire........

Old 07-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #958

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

Agreed. 300-500 miles of left turns and the reason ppl get chili stains on their shirts is because they pass out from boredom.

All racing is cool, but I can watch my two year old ride in counter clockwise circles all day..
Any who, y'all enjoy NasBore where the wrecks are the most exciting thing.

Want to see some bad ass racing, google the highlights of last weekends Moto GP race at Laguna Seca...

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:54 PM   #959

Liked 134 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 112

I think a lot of people just don't understand NASCAR racing. NASCAR painfully makes it so the cars are equal in EVERY way. It is all about the driver, no traction control or any computerized pit speed control. It is all seat of the pants driving and its the driver controlling the gas and brakes. As far as drivers go you have Juan Problem Montoya an F1 driver/winner that has only won 2 races in ten years. Marcus Ambrose multi time Supercar Champ with 2 wins as well. There are many Indy, Sprint car, World of Outlaws, Silver crown and late model winners that are lucky to run in the top 20 in NASCAR Cup or even Nationwide. The stock cars are very heavy and have very narrow tires compared to most other race cars. These cars are a handful to drive and it takes a lot of talent to be successful in the sport.

Old 07-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #960
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2579 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by john300k View Post
I think a lot of people just don't understand NASCAR racing. NASCAR painfully makes it so the cars are equal in EVERY way. It is all about the driver, no traction control or any computerized pit speed control. It is all seat of the pants driving and its the driver controlling the gas and brakes. As far as drivers go you have Juan Problem Montoya an F1 driver/winner that has only won 2 races in ten years. Marcus Ambrose multi time Supercar Champ with 2 wins as well. There are many Indy, Sprint car, World of Outlaws, Silver crown and late model winners that are lucky to run in the top 20 in NASCAR Cup or even Nationwide. The stock cars are very heavy and have very narrow tires compared to most other race cars. These cars are a handful to drive and it takes a lot of talent to be successful in the sport.
You realize you're urinating into the wind trying to explain it to people who only see it as "a series of left turns?"
What people fail to realize that it really doesn't matter which direction the turns go. Crappy racing is just as possible on a road course. F1 until just recently was constantly criticized as a very expensive parade. No Ovals in F1, and yet F1 could be as boring as watching golf. It's taken years and lord only knows how many rule changes to get F1 to the point where passing isn't unusual.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman
People Like This