Any NASCAR fans on here.... - Page 31
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Any NASCAR fans on here....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #301
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Thanks for the heads-up...My brothers and me are driving from St.Louis at 5:am and are trying to make this trip as cheap and easy as possible with no Hotel room or anything like that....How is traffic as you leave the race ???...Bristol can be a real BITCH for hours even up to 4 hours after the race...I think-it's in Joliet,South Western part of Chicago isn't-it....Anything else we should know ???...Again...Thanks...For the Warning..........

Old 05-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #302

Liked 376 Times on 244 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Not since the Petty-Pearson days, when the guys actually drove real Fords, Mopars and Chevys.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #303
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
Thanks for the heads-up...My brothers and me are driving from St.Louis at 5:am and are trying to make this trip as cheap and easy as possible with no Hotel room or anything like that....How is traffic as you leave the race ???...Bristol can be a real BITCH for hours even up to 4 hours after the race...I think-it's in Joliet,South Western part of Chicago isn't-it....Anything else we should know ???...Again...Thanks...For the Warning..........
Nope, cant help you with anything really, just relaying info as it was relayed to me.

I avoid Sillinoise and especially $H!Tcago like the plague...actually i prefer the plague! So, even IF you could carry in beer, i wouldnt go. Personally, if i want a boring @$$ cookie cutter race I have MIS 2 hours away or i would go to Charlotte, TX, Phoenix, Vegas.

That being typed, i am pretty much done with going to NASCRAP races....i have SO much more i can do with a $1000 than waste it on a weekend race. Especialy when i have some GREAT small tracks within in hour, Like Eldora, or Winchester where the prices are SO MUCH MORE reasonable!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 05-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #304

We are thinking what the hell...Lets check-out a race this year close-by...They go every year to Bristol but not this year so trying to keep-it on the cheap like I said....The World of Out-Laws are fun to watch locally in Pevely just south of St.Louis...But you can only do that so many times and a road-trip sounds good...October I'm going to the Machine Gun Shoot in Knob Creek Kty south of Louisville Kentucky...If you havn't checked this shoot-out you need to...Thanks..Again......

Old 05-31-2012, 03:00 PM   #305
fmj

Quote:
We are thinking what the hell...Lets check-out a race this year close-by...They go every year to Bristol but not this year so trying to keep-it on the cheap like I said....The World of Out-Laws are fun to watch locally in Pevely just south of St.Louis...But you can only do that so many times and a road-trip sounds good...October I'm going to the Machine Gun Shoot in Knob Creek Kty south of Louisville Kentucky...If you havn't checked this shoot-out you need to...Thanks..Again......
actually going to a machine gun shoot Sat. with a bunch of regulars at knob creek. Been loading ammo for a week since i gt the invite!

Old 05-31-2012, 06:11 PM   #306

You Damn Lucky-Dog...That place is so cool.....I can't wait to go there every year in April and October....I'll be there in October.....Have Fun.....

Old 05-31-2012, 07:36 PM   #307
fmj

Quote:
You Damn Lucky-Dog...That place is so cool.....I can't wait to go there every year in April and October....I'll be there in October.....Have Fun.....
Dunno know if i will ever go to Knob Creek now...there are a couple of machine guns i have always wanted to shoot on my bucket list. Never thought i would ever get to shoot even one....but rumor has it (from the guys that invited me and are good friends with the guys that will be there and the guy who is holding this party) there will be a Thompson (not mention many other kinds) there. Sitting on 500 .45acp loaded (wanna guess what i have been doing in my few spare minutes since getting the invite last friday night??) and components for 300 more...any guesses what i will be doing tomorrow after my Dr.s appointment??

Thinking i may have to load some 30-06 as well...have to be ready if there is a BAR to play with.

BOY i am gonna feel WAY under gunned with my paltry pumps semis and wheel guns...

Old 05-31-2012, 10:55 PM   #308

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

Dunno know if i will ever go to Knob Creek now...there are a couple of machine guns i have always wanted to shoot on my bucket list. Never thought i would ever get to shoot even one....but rumor has it (from the guys that invited me and are good friends with the guys that will be there and the guy who is holding this party) there will be a Thompson (not mention many other kinds) there. Sitting on 500 .45acp loaded (wanna guess what i have been doing in my few spare minutes since getting the invite last friday night??) and components for 300 more...any guesses what i will be doing tomorrow after my Dr.s appointment??

Thinking i may have to load some 30-06 as well...have to be ready if there is a BAR to play with.

BOY i am gonna feel WAY under gunned with my paltry pumps semis and wheel guns...
BAR and MG42 on my bucket list....maybe a minigun.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #309
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandler51 View Post
bar and mg42 on my bucket list....maybe a minigun.
indeed!!!!!!

Old 06-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #310

I missed the Race....Went on a motorcycle poker-run and don't even know who won the race ???....Got sun-burnt and won $25.00 dollars with the door-prize ticket....