Any NASCAR fans on here.... - Page 28
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Any NASCAR fans on here....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2012, 12:13 AM   #271
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 744 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Kyle is fun to watch, because he does have the "checkers or wreckers" attitude sometimes. And the man has skills, can drive and win in anything.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #272

Liked 130 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Them Busch boys can drive I'll give them that......

Old 05-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #273
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Whos ready for the WINSTON!!!!!!!

LETS GO 99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 05-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #274

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Yeah, that went well, didn't it? Like you, I still think of this race as the Winston, next weekend we'll be watching the "World 600."

This years version had to be about the most boring main event I can recall. The rules they used allowed the first segment winner to start first for the last 10 laps, after having all the time in the world to massage their car.

I've seen grass growing that ended up having more excitement than this snooze-fest was. The shootout was the only exciting part of the evening, and that was limited to the last couple of laps, would A.J. make the race?

Old 05-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #275
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickhauler View Post
Yeah, that went well, didn't it? Like you, I still think of this race as the Winston, next weekend we'll be watching the "World 600."

This years version had to be about the most boring main event I can recall. The rules they used allowed the first segment winner to start first for the last 10 laps, after having all the time in the world to massage their car.

I've seen grass growing that ended up having more excitement than this snooze-fest was. The shootout was the only exciting part of the evening, and that was limited to the last couple of laps, would A.J. make the race?
Yeah, the last 10 SUCKED!!! More special "jimmy rules" by NASCRAP.

The end of the third segment with that battle between Kasey and Krashalotski was great! The shootout was great stuff just to watch A.J. come from the back.

Not a good showing for the blue oval boys...can you say "Catastophic failure"!

Old 05-20-2012, 03:40 PM   #276

Liked 208 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 158

I was there last night...it looked like a test and tune session for the 48 team. After Jimmy won the first segment all they did was tweak and tune the car. That will not happen next year, NASCAR will change the format once again.

Old 05-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #277

Yea, it was kind of a snoozer. Did anybody watch the pit crew challenge, it was more fun to watch than the race. To be fair though, tv dosn't do that racetrack any justice. Its one of the tracks that makes the hair on your arm stand up when you first walk in, its one of the must go to tracks for any NASCAR fan. Like DAYTONA, and BRISTOL night races. The last time we were there, we visited the Hendrick shop, its only a couple miles from the track, they almost dont need a hauler, could just drive the cars over there LOL... The other tracks i have been to that were not all that great (better off just watching on tv) were Michigan, Pocono, and the Brickyard. want to see one at DEGA some day, thats on my bucket list....

Old 05-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #278
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
Yea, it was kind of a snoozer. Did anybody watch the pit crew challenge, it was more fun to watch than the race. To be fair though, tv dosn't do that racetrack any justice. Its one of the tracks that makes the hair on your arm stand up when you first walk in, its one of the must go to tracks for any NASCAR fan. Like DAYTONA, and BRISTOL night races. The last time we were there, we visited the Hendrick shop, its only a couple miles from the track, they almost dont need a hauler, could just drive the cars over there LOL... The other tracks i have been to that were not all that great (better off just watching on tv) were Michigan, Pocono, and the Brickyard. want to see one at DEGA some day, thats on my bucket list....
You betcha girl!! The coke 600 is on my list along with the bristol night race.

Have done Daytona (the year the track broke) have a done Dega a few times (AWESOME! Wear your big girl party panties!) They need to light that place. I want to go for the Halloween race some time. THAT would be crazy!

Have been to MIS a few times, (its in my back yard) prolly wont go back. Took the eldest boy to his first NASCAR race in 07 when Cuzzin Carl won it...THE BEST fathers day present!!! Also took youngest in aught 9 or 10, we left the house @ 0500, tailgated, watched the entire race, drove home and was in the house @ 20:00

I MUST do the Indy 500 and Brickyard some time considering its in my front yard. Not the best of tracks for attending, but it would be nice to go just to say i went.

Its strange, been a gear head/racer my ENTIRE life. Have lived in IN (the mecca for everything motorsports) for 23 years and have yet to go to the Nationals on labor day, the 500 on memorial or the brick yard...the ONLY races i have attended in IN is the Supercross races.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:31 PM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
You betcha girl!! The coke 600 is on my list along with the bristol night race.

Have done Daytona (the year the track broke) have a done Dega a few times (AWESOME! Wear your big girl party panties!) They need to light that place. I want to go for the Halloween race some time. THAT would be crazy!

Have been to MIS a few times, (its in my back yard) prolly wont go back. Took the eldest boy to his first NASCAR race in 07 when Cuzzin Carl won it...THE BEST fathers day present!!! Also took youngest in aught 9 or 10, we left the house @ 0500, tailgated, watched the entire race, drove home and was in the house @ 20:00

I MUST do the Indy 500 and Brickyard some time considering its in my front yard. Not the best of tracks for attending, but it would be nice to go just to say i went.

Its strange, been a gear head/racer my ENTIRE life. Have lived in IN (the mecca for everything motorsports) for 23 years and have yet to go to the Nationals on labor day, the 500 on memorial or the brick yard...the ONLY races i have attended in IN is the Supercross races.
LOL... I have heard the infield can get pretty wild the night before the race. I got to go the the NATIONALS a couple years ago with my brother, one of his old army buddies was on Don( Tony) Schumachers crew, so we got to hang out with those guys all day, had a blast. They strapped me in the dragster just for fun, the belts are so tight you cant breathe, the helmet is strapped in so you cant move your head, all you can move is your arms a little bit, then they are going to light that thing (8000hp) and you are going to be going over 300mph in 4 seconds. "No Thanks " those guys must be bat **** crazy.You will never forget the NITRO fumes, and they stick with you for a couple days. My favorite thing to do was go stand down at the big end. You can see the tree go green, and the car moving towards you a second or two before you hear it, then they go by you 300mph and pop the chute, sounds and feels like a sonic boom.

Last edited by readygirl; 05-20-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #280
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl View Post
LOL... I have heard the infield can get pretty wild the night before the race. I got to go the the NATIONALS a couple years ago with my brother, one of his old army buddies was on Don Schumachers crew, so we got to hang out with those guys all day, had a blast. They strapped me in the dragster just for fun, the belts are so tight you cant breathe, the helmet is strapped in so you cant move your head, all you can move is your arms a little bit, then they are going to light that thing (8000hp) and you are going to be going over 300mph in 4 seconds. "No Thanks " those guys must be bat **** crazy.You will never forget the NITRO fumes, and they stick with you for a couple days. My favorite thing to do was go stand down at the big end. You can see the tree go green, and the car moving towards you a second or two before you hear it, then they go by you 300mph and pop the chute, sounds and feels like a sonic boom.
Yeah, i GOTTA go to the nationals!! Getting strapped onto one of those rockets would be TOOO cool. But now that i am MUCH older and not the speed freak i once was...i would have to agree with you "BAT$H!T CRAZY" assessment. Was a time (in my teens and early to mid 20's) i would have killed for a ride down the strip in one of those. (by 15 i had a built a 72 duece that would run a quarter in 11.5...not mention my dirt bikes etc...yeah, i was i touch on the wild and crazy side)

Dega is wild EVERYWHERE!! The first year i went (it was my very first NASCAR event) we camped up in the free camping. Went to the Busch race and got to see Tony go @$$ over tea kettle down the front stretch right in front of us. (his attitude really changed after that wild ride)

Some guy pulled in a rig right behind my tent...the trailer side dropped down and turned into a stage and they were playing live music right next to our tent well into the wee hours after the busch race....SOMEONE out there (at the time i was on AOL and met up with a group from the NASCAR chat room) has film of me reaching into my cooler and saying Wheres my beer?? HOLY $H!T!! i drank 32 Effin beers?? GIMME A BEER!!! Good thing Sundays race was rained out as i was one sick little boy that morning!!