Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Any NASCAR fans on here....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 02:43 PM   #11
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 749 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 306

OH and you asked about Danica. I think she'll do ok. But really, even if she does just create a lot of scrap metal, she aint going anywhere. Shes a cash cash cow for the already too rich Hendrick.

We were in Daytona and you couldnt get past her trailer there were so many folks lined up. You had to go around. There were more folks at her merch trailer (a part time busch driver) than were at the Jr. Gordo, Jimmy, Tony, Matt and Carl trailers combined!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-02-2011, 03:13 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2530 Times on 1268 Posts
Likes Given: 239

Stewart, Montoya & Mark Martin are the one's I keep track of.
While she may be a cash cow, Danica hasn't performed up to the level to where she deserves it. She's a half-decent river treated like a mega champion. No skin off my back, but I bet it really grates on her fellow drivers.

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 11-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #13
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Stewart, Montoya & Mark Martin are the one's I keep track of.
While she may be a cash cow, Danica hasn't performed up to the level to where she deserves it. She's a half-decent river treated like a mega champion. No skin off my back, but I bet it really grates on her fellow drivers.
I know it does! I have heard announcers talk smack saying "shes taking a quality seat away from someone that has paid their dues."

Watch some of the races and see exactly how much respect she gets on the track...Right or wrong, theres a REASON guys put her in the wall.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
I know it does! I have heard announcers talk smack saying "shes taking a quality seat away from someone that has paid their dues."

Watch some of the races and see exactly how much respect she gets on the track...Right or wrong, theres a REASON guys put her in the wall.
From what little I've seen of the Nationwide races she's been in, she's usually lap traffic and only discussed when there's nothing else going on. I don't get the hype, she's won exactly how many Indycar races? IIRC a total of 1, and that was a fuel mileage race several years ago.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 11-02-2011, 03:59 PM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 31

I tend to root for Truex, Reutimann, and Hamlin. There are several other drivers I will root for, such as Vickers, Biffle, and Kenseth when they get near the front. I root against the Bush brothers pretty hard :-) I welcome Danica to NASCAR, she will do well and her commercials are easier to stomach.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:02 PM   #16
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
From what little I've seen of the Nationwide races she's been in, she's usually lap traffic and only discussed when there's nothing else going on. I don't get the hype, she's won exactly how many Indycar races? IIRC a total of 1, and that was a fuel mileage race several years ago.
What exactly has her boss, the cash cow, Jr. done since climbing into arguably the best equipment in the garage 5 (?) years ago!?!? OH, thats right, exactly ONE win and that was fuel mileage race in MI.

Fuel mileage or no, a win is a win!! The girl can drive the open wheelers. No other woman has come close to doing what (little as it may be) Danica has.

Danica has had some lead lap finishes in the busch. She HAS progressed and learned in her limited time. I have to think there is more than just fluff and flash there. Give her a full season next year and see where shes at then. I think she may be able to do something with a full season under her belt. IF cant do it in two seasons in that JRM/Hendrick car she aint gonna do it period.

Hell, who knows, she just might take Jrs ride in that #88 in three years!

Old 11-02-2011, 04:07 PM   #17
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny357 View Post
I tend to root for Truex, Reutimann, and Hamlin. There are several other drivers I will root for, such as Vickers, Biffle, and Kenseth when they get near the front. I root against the Bush brothers pretty hard :-) I welcome Danica to NASCAR, she will do well and her commercials are easier to stomach.
Ditto hatin' on the whiny azz Busch and shrub!!! I like Denny, just aint a fan of that rice hes ridin'!

I also hate on Gordo, Jimmy (just because hes "5 time".. ..GAG...i think hes a clean driver with a good head on his shoulders) and Hendricks in general (Save Marky Mark...big fan of Martin.) Also highly dislike that toolbag Harvick.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
What exactly has her boss, the cash cow, Jr. done since climbing into arguably the best equipment in the garage 5 (?) years ago!?!? OH, thats right, exactly ONE win and that was fuel mileage race in MI.

Fuel mileage or no, a win is a win!! The girl can drive the open wheelers. No other woman has come close to doing what (little as it may be) Danica has.

Danica has had some lead lap finishes in the busch. She HAS progressed and learned in her limited time. I have to think there is more than just fluff and flash there. Give her a full season next year and see where shes at then. I think she may be able to do something with a full season under her belt. IF cant do it in two seasons in that JRM/Hendrick car she aint gonna do it period.

Hell, who knows, she just might take Jrs ride in that #88 in three years!
I'm not going to bet against her. Better open wheel drivers than her have struggled in stock cars. Hornish being one of the more dramatic. Stewart is one of the ones who succeeded brilliantly. Montoya and Allmendinger have moments of brilliance, but typically struggle. I've been a Montoya fan since he was diving F-1 for Williams. He always had a mouth on him, and interviews were great entertainment. I miss that Montoya...
NRA Life Member

Milton Friedman

Old 11-02-2011, 05:11 PM   #19

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Since we are on the NASCAR subject has anyone else seen the news on some more Hendricks Motorsports plane issues? With all that money you think they would have better mechanics.

Rick Hendrick sustains broken rib, clavicle when plane has braking issues - Columbia NASCAR | Examiner.com

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #20
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Since we are on the NASCAR subject has anyone else seen the news on some more Hendricks Motorsports plane issues? With all that money you think they would have better mechanics.

Rick Hendrick sustains broken rib, clavicle when plane has braking issues - Columbia NASCAR | Examiner.com
On the subject of Hendrick and air travel....one of THE worst things to ever happen to NASCAR IMHO was the death of Ricky Hendrick in that chopper (??) crash. Old man Hendrick was all but retired, and letting Ricky run the business...and they werent winning squat. Ricky died, and the old man came back into it with a vengence and snagged up how many championships since then!?!?

How 'bout ole one eyed Jack (Roush) lucky old bastid crashes TWO planes and walks away from both!!