Any NASCAR fans on here.... - Page 128
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Any NASCAR fans on here....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2014, 08:08 PM   #1271
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 493 Times on 337 Posts

Yay Jeff Gordon

Old 07-27-2014, 08:23 PM   #1272

Liked 1021 Times on 568 Posts
Likes Given: 1597

Super-Duper day for JGR....Finished 2, 3, 4.....Not so great for my SHR..team... But Danica did do a killer burnout when her axle broke....

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

People Like This 
Old 08-10-2014, 06:44 AM   #1273
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 261 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 151

http://www.cbssports.com/general/eye-on-sports/24655180/reports-authorities-investigating-crash-involving-tony-stewart

Multiple reports say that the 20 year old passed away a short time ago Makes me sick to my stomach

Here is footage

Last edited by stag556; 08-10-2014 at 07:00 AM.
dango Likes This 
Old 08-10-2014, 09:23 AM   #1274

Liked 1021 Times on 568 Posts
Likes Given: 1597

......Tony haters are already saying he hit Ward on purpose . I know he can be a hot head at times...but would never do something like THAT....The video clearly shows Ward walking right into the path of the back tire ...un-avoidable. My heart goes out to Ward's family and friends........Just a terrible thing all the way around......

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

People Like This 
Old 08-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #1275
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7106 Times on 4277 Posts
Likes Given: 8625

Did I hear right that there was a death at a NASCAR race yesterday?

dango Likes This 
Old 08-10-2014, 02:01 PM   #1276
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 560 Times on 336 Posts
Likes Given: 2819

That's really tragic. I know this was not intentional, and as I have read on other places at least one person says he turned towards Ward. Anyone that sees the video can tell that the wheels did not turn till they made contact with Ward.
My prayers go out to Both Ward and his family, and friends, and Stewart and his family, and friends also.

"The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

People Like This 
Old 08-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #1277
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2563 Times on 1251 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Friends,

Personally knowing Tony and his family from the racing circuit in Indianapolis. Being involved in racing back in the day and even working on Tony's Pit Crew in a few races. I am here to tell everyone Tony would have never done anything to take another driver or anyones life! That is total ludicrous for anyone to believe that. He did make a move to the left when he saw Ward for a brief second. My prayers go out to the families of both and to Tony! I observed the video and even the first contact that put Ward's car into the wall was not intentional. Tony is very competitive but that was not an intentional Clip. With open wheel cars any contact at all can result in a terrible situation. I Have seen it a thousand times while with a racing team. This certainly was a tragedy, but also one should not run out into the middle of a race track when the cars are running. Standing along the side out of the car by the wall and shaking your fist or throwing a helmet is also dangerous but in the middle of the track is stupid. For those who do not know these short and banked corner tracks even at Yellow Flag speed coming off the corners you only have seconds to see what is ahead of you when you start the straightaway. With that said it is so sad for all that this situation occurred. God Bless all involved!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 08-10-2014, 02:33 PM   #1278
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Winds,

No it was a Sprint Car race in NY!
The NASCAR Race is today.
Although Tony has a job to do and contractual obligations I can only presume how he feels today when he climbs into the NASCAR to race today. I am sure he will not be on his best game thinking about last evening. I know him!
God Bless him and all the families involved in the NY tragedy!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

dango Likes This 
Old 08-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #1279
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

FOX News just advised that Tony will not be driving in the NASCAR Race today. I certainly understand! He wouldn't emotionally been on his game after the terrible tragedy last night in NY.

*Patrick Henry

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This 
Old 08-10-2014, 02:51 PM   #1280
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3177 Times on 1806 Posts
Likes Given: 18420

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
......Tony haters are already saying he hit Ward on purpose . I know he can be a hot head at times...but would never do something like THAT....The video clearly shows Ward walking right into the path of the back tire ...un-avoidable. My heart goes out to Ward's family and friends........Just a terrible thing all the way around......
Tony's a pro and I like the guy . I don't even think he saw the guy in time cause there was a car in front of him . This is greasy , slippery dirt track racing , not like pavement !

I'm feeling sorry for all those involved , real bummer !