Any NASCAR fans on here.... - Page 118
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Any NASCAR fans on here....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 09:34 PM   #1171
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 576 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 722

rn-cindy - Our trip to Bristol ended up a night race as they had a several hour rain delay. Its pretty neat. I've only been to Martinsville and Bristol but look forward to Charlotte. Probably won't go to any other tracks but I love the small tracks - lots of acceleration and you can see the whole track.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!
rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 03-26-2014, 11:22 PM   #1172

Liked 3232 Times on 1621 Posts
Likes Given: 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
When Fiat jumps in I quit .....!
Don't you mean "jumps back in?"
Those Dodge/Fiat Chargers and Challengers would be quite a sight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler
Quote:
On January 1, 2014, Fiat announced it would be acquiring the remaining shares of Chrysler owned by the VEBA worth $3.65 billion.[37] The deal was completed on January 21, 2014.[4] Several days later, the intended reorganization of Fiat and Chrysler under a new holding company,
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 03-29-2014, 03:01 PM   #1173

Liked 214 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Martinsville!
image.jpg  
wittmeba Likes This 
Old 03-29-2014, 04:55 PM   #1174

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/exclusive-nascar-moving-toward-horsepower-reduction-in-15-032214
Quote:
Among the options being discussed are reduction in engine displacement and changes to throttle body size.
Sources familiar with the discussions say that Chevrolet and Toyota are pushing for a reduction to 5.0-liter engines, while the Ford camp is pushing for the use of tapered spacers, such as are used in the NASCAR Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series engines.
IMHO, it's about time.
My opinion:
5.0 liter (or smaller) with a compression ration drop to maybe 10.5:1. (from 12:1)
Dirty up the aero packages.

Opinions?
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 03-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #1175

Liked 3269 Times on 1681 Posts
Likes Given: 4945

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/exclusive-nascar-moving-toward-horsepower-reduction-in-15-032214

IMHO, it's about time.
My opinion:
5.0 liter (or smaller) with a compression ration drop to maybe 10.5:1. (from 12:1)
Dirty up the aero packages.

Opinions?
No....Back to the 426 Hemi..no restrictor plates..no speed limit on pit row...With the aero and suspensions tech they have now....... That would be cool.
People Like This 
Old 03-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #1176

Liked 3269 Times on 1681 Posts
Likes Given: 4945

And back to carbs......and real gas....Dont know why NASCAR is trying so hard to make nice with the artsey-fartsies / Hippies / wine and cheese crowd. They already have F-1 / INDYCAR.......

Old 03-29-2014, 07:16 PM   #1177

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
No....Back to the 426 Hemi..no restrictor plates..no speed limit on pit row...With the aero and suspensions tech they have now....... That would be cool.
The current engines make more power than the old Hemis did back in the day. The modern Chrysler/Fiat Hemis are much better engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
And back to carbs......and real gas....Dont know why NASCAR is trying so hard to make nice with the artsey-fartsies / Hippies / wine and cheese crowd. They already have F-1 / INDYCAR.......
NASCAR got big, that's why. The old school redneck folks are dying off or being pushed out in favor of the NYC marketing and public relations firms. Big time and big money... it's all about appealing to the maximum amount of people. Even if it comes to some laughable "green" initiative where they add a bit of alcohol to the fuel and tell everyone how green they are. Gotta get the tree hugger to at least consider the greenness of NASCAR. F1 has gone Hybrid...next thing you know...
Look at the new drivers. Half these kids look like they fell off the stage at a battle of the Boy Bands. IMHO, Austin Dillon looks like he's playing dress-up with grandpa's cowboy hat. Give them a few lessons in public speaking and make them memorize this weeks sponsor list and off you go. If they're cute enough, they might grab a chunk of the 13-17 female demographic. Crusty old Dale Sr. or DW types are a dying breed. Tony Stewart is about as close to "Old school" as it gets anymore, and he minds his manners more & more recently.
As long as they keep the racing good, I'll probably stick around to some degree. Unless they want to reinvent the cars (again), they need to get the speeds down. There's no need for 200mph straightaway speeds on 1.5 mile tracks. Downsize the power and brick up the aero and things will tighten up.
NRA Life Member

Old 03-30-2014, 12:38 PM   #1178
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
The current engines make more power than the old Hemis did back in the day. The modern Chrysler/Fiat Hemis are much better engines.

NASCAR got big, that's why. The old school redneck folks are dying off or being pushed out in favor of the NYC marketing and public relations firms. Big time and big money... it's all about appealing to the maximum amount of people. Even if it comes to some laughable "green" initiative where they add a bit of alcohol to the fuel and tell everyone how green they are. Gotta get the tree hugger to at least consider the greenness of NASCAR. F1 has gone Hybrid...next thing you know...
Look at the new drivers. Half these kids look like they fell off the stage at a battle of the Boy Bands. IMHO, Austin Dillon looks like he's playing dress-up with grandpa's cowboy hat. Give them a few lessons in public speaking and make them memorize this weeks sponsor list and off you go. If they're cute enough, they might grab a chunk of the 13-17 female demographic. Crusty old Dale Sr. or DW types are a dying breed. Tony Stewart is about as close to "Old school" as it gets anymore, and he minds his manners more & more recently.
As long as they keep the racing good
, I'll probably stick around to some degree. Unless they want to reinvent the cars (again), they need to get the speeds down. There's no need for 200mph straightaway speeds on 1.5 mile tracks. Downsize the power and brick up the aero and things will tighten up.
The racing has sucked for some years now.

Last time i checked, racing was about SPEED! What car can go the FASTEST!

Questions? Read 1st line again.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
People Like This 
Old 03-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
The racing has sucked for some years now.

Last time i checked, racing was about SPEED! What car can go the FASTEST!

Questions? Read 1st line again.

Check again.
Racing is about who is the best driver in the best car that day. You don't need to go 220mph to figure that out. Why are short tracks the best racing in NASCAR? It certainly isn't for the high straightaway speeds and drafting. It's the mixing it up, beating and banging. Hell, the best NASCAR race I've seen in forever was the Truck Race on Tony Stewart's dirt track. The speeds weren't especially fast, but the racing was amazing.
You want speed, go to the Bonneville Salt Flats.
You want racing, go to Bristol or Martinsville or any random short track.
NRA Life Member

Last edited by Overkill0084; 03-30-2014 at 02:20 PM.
People Like This 
Old 03-30-2014, 02:41 PM   #1180

Liked 576 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 722

I sorta of agree with you but - NAS(tock)CAR - where does stock fit today? It doesn't.

I'm uncertain if a track like Daytona and Martinsville should both be in NASCAR. I'd like to see some dirt/clay too. I love the Sprint Cars.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!