Any Gamers Here? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Any Gamers Here?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 08:47 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckA View Post
I've started twitching thinking about Resistance 2 that's coming out in November. That will be at least a month where I'm totally worthless.
OMG I know i cant wait to play it also. part one was amazing. but first i got to fix my ps3, my nephew kinda screwed it up a tad, i found five(5) dvds stuck in the drive. i was pi**ed, but gotta love the little guy though

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 11-14-2008, 03:21 PM   #22

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Loved Black, crap ending though, and not much replay value.

For straight mindless shoot em up, nothing beats old school Doom. Still check my local gun shop to see if the BFG 5000 is in production yet.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

mostly MOTO GP and , medal of honor, grand turismo......i'm an ex-motorcycle roadracer in pro-ranks, i miss competition sometimes...lolol moto gp is an answer for a miss in the ''overtaking'' department ...mmhaha! i can play hours and hours , calling names at dummy competitors when a race is very tight..lolol, and i'm doing lots of moves i would had never done in real race condition...mmmhahhhaha!

Old 11-19-2008, 03:10 PM   #24

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

OMG!

I had a crappy day yesterday so my woman, God Bless her, stopped on the way home and got me the new Left 4 Dead Zombie game - HOLY SH!T that rocks!

The graphics are insane and the action is intense. It's pretty much end of the world stuff. You are part of a four person team, hence the "4" in the title. You can play co-op, over the internetz, or split screen co-op at home or you can play solo and the Xbox handles the AI for the other three members.

You're deep in an urban city and you have to fight, literally, your way to get food, medicine, ammo and to a chopper that is supposed to be one of your last hopes at getting out alive. Every street is teaming with slow moving standard Zombies and then there are genetically enhanced ones that bound around like Kangaroos, run on walls like the Lychn from Underworld and all sorts of crazy crap.

Game play is really good, the targeting is good, though the weapon selection leaves a bit to be desired. You can equip a 1911 and an M14 with a scope for a sniper rifle though, so that is a plus. Good luck sniping in the fast paced street work, but the building to building stuff it works great.

Definitely a JD thumbs up so far, though I am only about an hour into it...

EDIT: Well, I made it to the end of the game. Took about 3 hours of gaming time. The graphics are great, but don't spend the money on this game nwe for a lot of playability. Premise was good, game play was good, action was intense, but it just wasn't long enough for me. 6 out of 10 rating - at best.

Last edited by Dillinger; 11-23-2008 at 01:39 AM.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:56 PM   #25

Default UFC Undisputed 2009

Okay, so I have been looking forward to this game for about a year now. downloaded the demo and was impressed with the graphics, but I was really looking for a game to let me do submissions.

I love a good submission victory because the guy is actually tapping out and saying "Don't hurt me anymore". Much better then getting KTFO and just saying "I was in that fight, I just got caught" - with a tap out, everyone knows who won and who gave up.

So far, in career mode, I have won the Heavyweight belt and held it for the last three fights of my career. They make you retire after about 7 "years" of fights, which is about 30 to 40 depending on how often you fight.

I have won the Lightweight Title with two different fighters. Because I love beating up on BJ Penn and Kenny Florian and Roger Huerta.

My last fighter lost his first fight ( the try out fight ) on purpose ( my gal read that you get sponsors faster if you lose your first fight and then go on a winning streak - don't ask me why, but it worked ), then went on a 6 fight winning streak, got caught in a submission, then went on a 3 three fight winning streak, won the belt, lost it to Florian in my first defense, got a rematch after winning 3 and then went on a 16 fight defend the belt streak and STILL didn't get into the God Damn Hall of Fame when they retired me. Are you kidding me?? I was 33-3 when I retired and I won my last 19 fights in a row?!?!

So, now I am fighting at 170 and I am 7-0, all knockouts. Every fight I have won in this game has been by knock out or ref stoppage. I haven't been able to get a submission no matter WHAT the hell I do.

I have tried learning BJJ, Wrestling and Judo, all with no success. I have been submitted in only 2 pro fights, but I routinely submit my training partners, so I don't know what gives.

Everyone on line is having the same two issues, the Muay Thai Clench from guys like Anderson Silva, Kenny Florian and Thiago Alvez, and the submission game.

I really like the game, but it's lacking in the technical department. It needs to be more realistic for a 2nd degree black belt in jits ( me ) to submit a wrestler when the wrestler is on his back, I am pounding his face in and his health is getting so low he is ready to get KTFO with one more good punch to the face.

JD

Old 06-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #26

If yoy like games with real world weapons, try Rainbow Six Vegas 2. It even gets down to what weapons have stronger rounds, penetration, accuracy and you can add on all the doodads u want to ur guns (silencers, lasers, scopes, mag extension ect) And you can even change what kind of real world armor you use. They are different names for the armor kits, but use the Anaconda armor, its the dragonskin armor which is sweet. Try this one out, its not very popular but is very addicting to me the way you have to fight hiding behind walls and using barracade shooting as an advantage.

All it takes for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing....

Old 06-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #27

If you haven't tried it, I would highly suggest Fallout 3. Taking place in the wasteland of what was formerly Washington DC after nuclear apocalypse? First person RPG? Hugely open-ended, sandbox style game world? Awesome wrapped in super-fly.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #28

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Red Faction: Gurrilla is a freakin' awesome game. Its open world with a VERY good geo-mod engine.

I've become kinda handy at being a suicide bomber. I throw a bunch of remote detonators on a vehicle I hijack and crash it into one of the EDF buildings, and then hit the detonate the bombs, depending where you are in the building.

However the replayability is kinda low for me so I'd give it a 8/10. I haven't played the online multiplayer yet so I don't know what that'll do to the rating.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 06-10-2009, 04:23 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegatoRedrivers View Post
If you haven't tried it, I would highly suggest Fallout 3. Taking place in the wasteland of what was formerly Washington DC after nuclear apocalypse? First person RPG? Hugely open-ended, sandbox style game world? Awesome wrapped in super-fly.

I was working on the latest download for part 3 when I got the UFC game, so it's taken the back shelf.

I forget what it's called, but that Giant robot that does all the damage at the end of the main story gets damaged and it's up to you to go get some intel on the bad guys while the Paladins work on repairing it.

Weapons are a HUGE deal in the new download. If you try to go at the wasteland creatures with anything from your conventional inventory, you are going to end up in a body bag.

JD

Old 06-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have completed nearly everything there is to do in Fallout 3, including the main story line. This might be the best game ever created. And that's big coming from me, since I am a huge Half-life fan.