Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > any fisherman?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 01:34 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

im looking forward to the weekend. im going fishing all day Saturday. and on my birthday im going deep sea fishing on a charter. im looking forward to that too.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

whats everyone fish with? I got an 5' ugly stick with a push button reel for freshwater. and a 6'6" offshore angler combo for saltwater, until this weekend, im picking up a 12' combo off of a buddy.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:02 AM   #13

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
Your avitar from Joe Cartoon. Super fly I'm sooooo wasted. LMAO on this one.
Yes... I always laugh with superfly!!!
Who's the man?!!! Who's yar daddy?!!! IT's ME!!! Supah Fly!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Currently, my dream fishing trip is for Peacock bass in S.A. I can't see it in my near future, unforunately. I am jealous, Amsel.
Yes many tourist comes for around the world to fish Pavones...
There is some friends of mine in Machango (anther dam very close to my home)

That is a Payara:

Tell me when you want to come... I make the arrangements. You can fish near my home but if you want a world record Pavon, you must go to Guri Dam... in the Venezuelan Amazonia...
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 09-02-2009, 02:15 AM   #14

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsmeShane View Post
whats everyone fish with? I got an 5' ugly stick with a push button reel for freshwater. and a 6'6" offshore angler combo for saltwater, until this weekend, im picking up a 12' combo off of a buddy.
All my fishing equipment is just a Bass Pro Shops Mega Cast Baitcast Combo.... 6'6" MH action, using 14lbs. mono filament line, and a couple of BPS XPS lures (Balsa Boogie and Tri-Vibe)...
I'm in a budget all the time
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 09-02-2009, 02:49 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I live close to Beaver Lake in Northwest Arkansas. I love to fish, I just don't find much time to do it anymore.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:22 AM   #16

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsmeShane View Post
I own about 20 different rods and 30 different reels. What I use depends upon species and tactics. I also build rods, make lures and tie flies. It has been a bit since I have done any of those; at least since I have been working on the smoker build. Next is the outdoor pizza oven.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-02-2009, 04:11 AM   #17

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Is it a bad thing when you have just as many fishing polls as you do guns?

I have a 6' Ultra light action, 6' Light Action, 6'6" Med action, 6'6" Heavy action with a abu Garcia baitcast, Fly rod, and 6 others for the wife and kids. Oh and a Heavy action UGLY STICK with a big abu Garcia real on it.

NO ONE messes with my Ultra light. It is a sweet set up. I have caught everything from a 1/2# blue gill to a monster 9# catfish on it. I HATE CAT FISH.

I have not done much fishing this year for some reason. I need to get into small mouth as they are in the river around me. I have a few lakes to choose from.

I used to fish 6 hours a day 7 days a week when stationed at Fort Hood. I would even take my gear on our FTX because we set up in between two good spots.