any fisherman?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > any fisherman?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default any fisherman?

I love fishing, its actually very addicting to me. I work on a golf course, and sometimes I find myself riding to the pond and casting a few before I go home. this past Friday, I spent the entire day fishing, we got the outside of that hurricane in the atlantic, so when it started raining on me, I just went and got my rain gear from work and went right back to fishing.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-01-2009, 08:21 PM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

There are several members here who love to fish. I have a private pond on my property. Also, there is a public lake at the end of my driveway. A few weeks ago, I travelled to another lake and met up with some friends. We caught 3 muskies including a 42"er that I caught on a Mepps Muskie Killer spinner. Friggin' awesome.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

i fish in the ponds at work, but mostly, I fish Saltwater. cant eat the fish you catch out of the ponds at work, so thats just catch and release. but i catch flounder and mackerel all day long off the pier.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:31 PM   #4

Liked 321 Times on 215 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Last time I went fishing was in Loreto Mexico in 1999. I fished for Dorado and Yellow Tail. Caught quite a bit of fish as I was there for 2 weeks. Shipped as much as I could back and the smoker got a real workout. My oldest grandson who just turned 6 started fishing with his dad when he was 4 Y.O. Gone with them a few times and helped him in his fishing endenors. When he catches a bigger fish usually the adult has to help him reel it in.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:19 AM   #5

We just went fishing at Matagorda(Texas coast) got some nice reds and a couple of trout. Bought some shrimp and headed home. A nice Saturday. We have a boat and two lakes nearby, so yes we fish often. Nice thread by the way.

"As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also"
Thomas Jefferson

"Freedom is only one generation from extinction"
Pres. Ronald Reagan
Member; NRA, GOA, and TSRA. ResistNet.com member

"When the ballot box no longer counts, the ammunition box does. Whats' in your ammo box?"

Old 09-02-2009, 12:29 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 489 Times on 354 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Fishin' is great,,, love to fish Canada. Hunt moose in the morning and evenings, catch walleye and northerns in the middle,, sometimes you can find some brook trout also. Frog giggin' is just too much fun,,, I like to practice with the longbow slingin' arrows at 'em. Good eats.

Jeff

Old 09-02-2009, 12:42 AM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Any fish, anywhere, any time. I do love fishing, all kinds, especially bass, crappie fishing with spinner baits and catfish, lots of stock ponds around besides some pretty good size lakes also. Trout by fly fishing. Also enjoy saltwater fishing, but no inlet ocean around these parts of Oklahoma.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-02-2009, 01:04 AM   #8

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Time to time, I go to Burro Negro Dam and fish Pavón (Peakock Bass)... I love it, so quiet and paceful. And struggling with a big peakock bass is fun! specially when the battle is on open waters, far from the shore... I like see them jump out of the water and fight. Once I caught a Payara, I don't know how's in english... but is like a giant bad-ass ugly piraña (piranha). Catch and release.

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 09-02-2009, 01:32 AM   #9

Liked 321 Times on 215 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmelEduardo View Post
Time to time, I go to Burro Negro Dam and fish Pavón (Peakock Bass)... I love it, so quiet and paceful. And struggling with a big peakock bass is fun! specially when the battle is on open waters, far from the shore... I like see them jump out of the water and fight. Once I caught a Payara, I don't know how's in english... but is like a giant bad-ass ugly piraña (piranha). Catch and release.
Your avitar from Joe Cartoon. Super fly I'm sooooo wasted. LMAO on this one.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:20 AM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmelEduardo View Post
Currently, my dream fishing trip is for Peacock bass in S.A. I can't see it in my near future, unforunately. I am jealous, Amsel.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!