Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   any fisherman? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/any-fisherman-17594/)

ItsmeShane 09-01-2009 08:15 PM

any fisherman?

I love fishing, its actually very addicting to me. I work on a golf course, and sometimes I find myself riding to the pond and casting a few before I go home. this past Friday, I spent the entire day fishing, we got the outside of that hurricane in the atlantic, so when it started raining on me, I just went and got my rain gear from work and went right back to fishing.

skullcrusher 09-01-2009 08:21 PM

There are several members here who love to fish. I have a private pond on my property. Also, there is a public lake at the end of my driveway. A few weeks ago, I travelled to another lake and met up with some friends. We caught 3 muskies including a 42"er that I caught on a Mepps Muskie Killer spinner. Friggin' awesome. :D

ItsmeShane 09-01-2009 08:37 PM

i fish in the ponds at work, but mostly, I fish Saltwater. cant eat the fish you catch out of the ponds at work, so thats just catch and release. but i catch flounder and mackerel all day long off the pier.

mrm14 09-01-2009 10:31 PM

Last time I went fishing was in Loreto Mexico in 1999. I fished for Dorado and Yellow Tail. Caught quite a bit of fish as I was there for 2 weeks. Shipped as much as I could back and the smoker got a real workout. My oldest grandson who just turned 6 started fishing with his dad when he was 4 Y.O. Gone with them a few times and helped him in his fishing endenors. When he catches a bigger fish usually the adult has to help him reel it in.

dukech1 09-02-2009 12:19 AM

We just went fishing at Matagorda(Texas coast) got some nice reds and a couple of trout. Bought some shrimp and headed home. A nice Saturday. We have a boat and two lakes nearby, so yes we fish often. Nice thread by the way.

yazul42 09-02-2009 12:29 AM

Fishin' is great,,, love to fish Canada. Hunt moose in the morning and evenings, catch walleye and northerns in the middle,, sometimes you can find some brook trout also. Frog giggin' is just too much fun,,, I like to practice with the longbow slingin' arrows at 'em. Good eats.

Jeff

IGETEVEN 09-02-2009 12:42 AM

Any fish, anywhere, any time. I do love fishing, all kinds, especially bass, crappie fishing with spinner baits and catfish, lots of stock ponds around besides some pretty good size lakes also. Trout by fly fishing. Also enjoy saltwater fishing, but no inlet ocean around these parts of Oklahoma. :(

Jack

AsmelEduardo 09-02-2009 01:04 AM

Time to time, I go to Burro Negro Dam and fish Pavón (Peakock Bass)... I love it, so quiet and paceful. And struggling with a big peakock bass is fun! specially when the battle is on open waters, far from the shore... I like see them jump out of the water and fight. Once I caught a Payara, I don't know how's in english... but is like a giant bad-ass ugly piraña (piranha). Catch and release.

mrm14 09-02-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsmelEduardo (Post 154213)
Time to time, I go to Burro Negro Dam and fish Pavón (Peakock Bass)... I love it, so quiet and paceful. And struggling with a big peakock bass is fun! specially when the battle is on open waters, far from the shore... I like see them jump out of the water and fight. Once I caught a Payara, I don't know how's in english... but is like a giant bad-ass ugly piraña (piranha). Catch and release.

Your avitar from Joe Cartoon. Super fly I'm sooooo wasted. LMAO on this one.

skullcrusher 09-02-2009 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsmelEduardo (Post 154213)

Currently, my dream fishing trip is for Peacock bass in S.A. I can't see it in my near future, unforunately. I am jealous, Amsel. :D