Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Any FEDERAL LEO on here?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 03:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Any FEDERAL LEO on here?

By of you folks Federal LE, or Retired Federal?

I only ask because I've got this scenario:

Slight possibility that I could be getting out of Active Duty Army in October 2012 if things don't go as planned.
Been thinking a lot about what I'd like to do IF I do get out.

I'm really attracted to Federal Air Marshal Service, US Marshall's Service, and FBI.

I've got my Bachelor's in Criminal Justice/Forensics and I think being a Deputy US Marshall would be a good job.

Anyways, not sure that I WILL get out, but any input from ANY law enforcement, past or present would be interesting....

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-15-2011, 03:57 AM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Although not law enforcement, I am retired Federal. Can't beat the benefits, even under the FERS system. Talk to them,

U.S. Marshals Service, Career Opportunities, Hiring Programs

TSA: Federal Air Marshal Service Careers

Federal Bureau of Investigation

People get the government they deserve.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:16 AM   #3

Liked 62 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default Retired Flatfootus Federalus

I was in another agency, but had dealings with both Air Marshals and U. S. Marshals.

As I am sure you are aware, no one loves their job all the time. Having said that, most of the Air Marshals and U. S. Marshals I've met and interfaced with seemed to be content with their job.

Note those are two very different job descriptions.

Check out www.usajobs.gov USAJOBS - The Federal Governments Official Jobs Site. The site has job openings, job descriptions, pre-requisites and a computerized application system. Pretty much all you want to know.

Good fortune to you in any field of endeavor, and thanks for serving.

Finally back in the United States!
OIIOHH
See my blog at:
http://oldmanmontgomery.wordpress.com/

Old 11-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The Federal LE academy in Artesia Is close to you. Most of my cohorts claim it is way better than the one in Arkansas. USAJobs is where you start. Check each Agency's web site too. They often have jobs that USAjobs dose not.

Last edited by Caoimhin; 11-16-2011 at 06:44 PM.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caoimhin
The Federal LE academy in Artesia Is close to you. Most of my cohorts claim it is way better than the one in Arkansas. USAJobs is where you start. Check each Agency's web site too. They often have jobs that USAjobs dose not.
Yeah a friend of mine works security at FLETC in Artesia...

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton