Any dog lovers? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Any dog lovers?

View Poll Results: Which one
Golden Retriever 16 59.26%
Border Collie 11 40.74%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 02:32 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
dang Shag! too hard a choice for me to make after seeing them both from the links you posted! i'd have to get both of them!

seriously though, both look like they would make great companions. if you are moving into a house, maybe think about getting both. they would be great companions for each other as well. just an idea.

good luck with whatever choices you make and kudos for adopting a dog!
Haha I would love to get both! But even with just one, there would be 3 dogs there, all puppies! That's a little too much for me haha if there were none, or even just one, I would definitely consider it..
Old 05-25-2013, 02:36 AM   #32
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
Haha I would love to get both! But even with just one, there would be 3 dogs there, all puppies! That's a little too much for me haha if there were none, or even just one, I would definitely consider it..
i didn't see the post you made about already having a cuple of others until i already posted!

i can see your point on only choosing one now. good luck to you and your new friend, whichever one you choose!

Old 05-25-2013, 02:37 AM   #33

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Had dogs all my life, grew up with them.
Now 63 years later still have one.
Love my wife and daughter, but my dog lights up my life.
Fred

Old 05-25-2013, 04:24 AM   #34
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Didn't see it before - the BC is crate trained. They both look beautiful, but I have to go with the BC!
The only concern that you need to test out on the home visit is how the BC will get along with your current dog(s). It says the BC apparently got beat up by another dog, so it could be shy or defensive around other dogs. Not a deal breaker though until you ask and see if the dogs can mix at your home/yard. It does say she gets along with other dogs and cats, but something to consider exploring. Man, that puppy is cute!!!

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 05-25-2013, 04:31 AM   #35

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
Man, that puppy is cute!!!
We bred them to be cute and to be puppyish their whole life...next to 'compound interest' it's probably man's greatest invention.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:49 AM   #36
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1746 Times on 1077 Posts
Likes Given: 9528

Shag, d@mn near impossible choice if it were me. I had a golden\collie mix for close to 14 years, and she was a great companion to me during that time. She was originally my ex-wife's dog, but she wound up bonding with me. When the ex left, she couldn't take the dog with her where she was moving to, so Lady became mine by default.

I rescued her from a horrible situation when she was about 6 months old, broken hind leg,4 broken ribs, badly beaten by her previous owner, and severely malnurished, she weighed about 20 pounds. When I was asked by my vet to foster her, rather than her putting her down, something told me I needed to take her in. Several weeks and several hundred dollars later, with a lot of work on my part, she made a complete turn around, and started to trust me. My vet asked if I thought she was ready to move on to a permanent home, and all I said at that point was, " She already has one."

13 years later, I had to have her put down due to spider cancer, and failing health. Hardest thing I ever had to do was saying goodbye. Both my wife and my ex-wife were there with us at the end. This was 2 years ago, and I still have not decided to get another dog. Just not ready for that yet, and I do have my wife's lab running around for companionship while she is at work. My thought on this is that I just haven't been picked by the right one yet. Someday that will change, and the right one will come along at the right time. When that happens I will welcome another dog into it's new forever home, and into my life.

Either way you go Shag, you will wind up with a great friend and companion. Both are great dogs, and either one will be a good fit in your life. Go and meet both of them, then make your decision. Best of luck, and enjoy oyur new companion. Thank you for choosing to adopt, and give a dog in need a second chance. This world needs more folks who are willing to do that.

100_1229.jpg   100_1227.jpg  

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

Sniper03 Likes This 
Old 05-25-2013, 05:19 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3455 Times on 1933 Posts
Likes Given: 19279

I love dogs , oh yeah..!

image.jpg  
Old 05-25-2013, 05:26 AM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1337 Times on 908 Posts
Likes Given: 1421

I am one of those people that if my dogs don`t like you, chances are I won`t either..........I am more of a Hound Dog guy, I have 4 Hound Dogs & a American Bull Terrier................

009.jpg   010.jpg   011.jpg  

When all else fails.

dango Likes This 
Old 05-25-2013, 05:43 AM   #39

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Which of the two would be a better jogging companion? Sorry for all the questions! Like I said, I've only grown up with labs so I'm new to all of this!

Old 05-25-2013, 05:49 AM   #40

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I have a lab border collie mix meat dog I have ever had super loyal the border collie makes them a one person dog which is fine by me. She is nice to everyone but Only listens to me.