Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Any body think like this?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #31
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas by God, Texas!
Posts: 24,531
Liked 16894 Times on 9788 Posts
Likes Given: 44059

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcshooter View Post
I guess that if he wasn't a US citizen he'd go to Gitmo indefinitely, without charge or trial.

Whilst that place stays open it underlines a double standard that exists in how terrorists are dealt with depending on nationality.

On the flipside we can't deport Abu qatada a terrorist in our country to his own country because of the EU human rights laws which quite frankly are not fit for purpose.
i think i see what you're saying. irregardless of citizenship or nationality, to deny anyone the most basic of rights is wrong, irregardless of what crime they are accused of. everyone should be afforded some sort of due process of law when accused of a crime. to label them something like "terrorists" or "enemy combatant" and to deny them any rights or the due process of law is criminal IMO. it's wrong.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Axxe55 is offline  
wizard63 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
rhyno13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: A small town inTexas
Posts: 664
Liked 271 Times on 153 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by idareya View Post
If it was up to me the two (oops I mean 1) Boston killer would not be in jail right now. He would be in my basement tied to a wall. No need to understand why they did it. Just leave them down there and shut the door. Maybe slap them around a bit. There is no place for people like that anymore. What's your thought.?
Thats why we have a Constitution, to keep people from becoming judge, jury, and executioner.
__________________

”The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.”
~James Earl Jones

rhyno13 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6542 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Boy you are digging deep there. The Students for a Democratic Society? I haven't heard from them since I wore bell-bottoms.

There is a difference in some of the people you listed who commited crimes, not for political motives, but because they were crazy as bed-bugs.

Adam Lanza was no hippie and at 20 years old, he hadn't been a registered anything for very long. I very much doubt that his gun-toting mother was an Obama voter, but I could be wrong, but that is besides the point. He did not kill for political reasons. He killed because he was a crazy SOB seeking immortality.

Keep in mind also, that if you live in a predominantly Democrat precinct, you may register as a democrat to be able to vote in the primaries, so that doesn't count for much. Actions speak louder than words.

The Fort Hood killer may have been a Democrat but He killed because he was a card toting Muslim. Muslims are not known for liberalism.

But, since you brought up the subject, here are some of your brethren who professed conservative politics, and committed crimes to support their belief systems.

How about good old Tim McVeigh, to start, a good Catholic, and hard core right winger who killed in order to start a revolution. His buddy Nichols was not a tree-hugger either.

Eric Rudolph, Michael Griffin, Paul Hill, Lee Ann Nichols, James Kopp, Bruce and Joshua Turnidge (such a cute Father and son team) Scott Roeder, Robert Matthews, Aryan Brotherhood, KKK, Neo-Nazis and other skin-heads, and the list goes on and on.

It is the conservatives who call anti-American things like secession and a violent overthrow of the government. I don't worry about the tree-huggers or animal rescue too much. As I am so frequently reminded, it is theconservatives who have the guns......Where is your head?
Actually, they origionated from the ideals of the Nazis, a national SOCIALISM party.

Let's not forget Stalin, who forced many of his Liberal beliefs on his nation,

Mussolini as a socialist in his yonger days, and carried many of his liberal beliefs with him throughout his life.

Pol Pot forced Socialism upon his people, and was actually a hero for SDS.

Idi Amin was a Liberal extremeist

Mao Tse Tung was a Communist, and a Socialist, who believed in COMBAT LIBERALISM.

Gaddafi had Liberal ideals

Kim jong II was a Communist, and a Socialist

Castro was a Communist, and loved by many Liberals

Also, all of those organizations were political organizations based on liberal ideals, and they committed a LOT of terrorism when they were around.
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
5
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DFlynt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Festus, Missouri
Posts: 3,023
Liked 1771 Times on 1159 Posts
Likes Given: 1362

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Actually, they origionated from the ideals of the Nazis, a national SOCIALISM party.

Let's not forget Stalin, who forced many of his Liberal beliefs on his nation,

Mussolini as a socialist in his yonger days, and carried many of his liberal beliefs with him throughout his life.

Pol Pot forced Socialism upon his people, and was actually a hero for SDS.

Idi Amin was a Liberal extremeist

Mao Tse Tung was a Communist, and a Socialist, who believed in COMBAT LIBERALISM.

Gaddafi had Liberal ideals

Kim jong II was a Communist, and a Socialist

Castro was a Communist, and loved by many Liberals

Also, all of those organizations were political organizations based on liberal ideals, and they committed a LOT of terrorism when they were around.
Let's not forget that the KKK was founded by Democrats after the Civil War to kill blacks and republicans in the South, during reconstruction.
__________________

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

DFlynt is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #35
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
F4U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,106
Liked 794 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
Probaly the wrong word. I mean they complained shouted about abuse if terrorist were harmed or if they were killed while for instance carrying out a attack they were intercepted and killed during a attack. Not all Americans obviously, the Irish American lobby for example were the first to start shouting. But most have changed their attitude after the attacks on America.
Ok I think I understand and I had this argument with my uncle many times. He thought the ira was doing gods work and I couldn't see it. It wasn't that I thought england should be or not be in ireland but it always seemed to me that if I was english, blowing up my people and stuff would make me less likely to negotiate than more likely. It always seemed counterproductive to me.

In theory I think a country should be left to govern itself, but if your area has been part of a country since the 1100s claiming independence from that country 800 years later is problematic at best. (and yes I know how ireland came to be part of great britain.)
__________________
F4U is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:36 AM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chainfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,037
Liked 983 Times on 633 Posts
Likes Given: 244

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Actually, they origionated from the ideals of the Nazis, a national SOCIALISM party.

Let's not forget Stalin, who forced many of his Liberal beliefs on his nation,

Mussolini as a socialist in his yonger days, and carried many of his liberal beliefs with him throughout his life.

Pol Pot forced Socialism upon his people, and was actually a hero for SDS.

Idi Amin was a Liberal extremeist

Mao Tse Tung was a Communist, and a Socialist, who believed in COMBAT LIBERALISM.

Gaddafi had Liberal ideals

Kim jong II was a Communist, and a Socialist

Castro was a Communist, and loved by many Liberals

Also, all of those organizations were political organizations based on liberal ideals, and they committed a LOT of terrorism when they were around.
Anyone who thinks of Hitler as a "liberal" is truly full of crap. Is that what they teach you in Texas?

The problem with your list above, 1) they are not Americans, and 2) American liberals are liberal Democrats, not Communist or Socialists. I will not attempt to explain the difference to you, as I am not sure you could understand. If that is the best to do, it is time to hang up the gloves. Tex.
__________________

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan


Last edited by Chainfire; 04-24-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Chainfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #37
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
WebleyFosbery38's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Irish Settlement CNY
Posts: 4,413
Liked 4595 Times on 2303 Posts
Likes Given: 4730

Default

I have two trains of thought on this topic, The Human and the Citizen.

The Human in me is mad as hell, he hates what they did and would repeatedly violate him in my mind with objects and items just like what he did to those defenseless people they terrorized!

The Citizen in me has raised his hand 5 times and sworn for life to uphold and defend the Constitution to the end of my life. I cannot accept the disassociation of those rights from anyone who is a Citizen of The United States of America.

Lets not get too hung up on the feelings cause the facts show he likely attained his citizenship illegitimately by flying a false flag. He also took an oath when he was declared a Naturalized Citizen, if he did that with Malice or deception, his citizenship may be revoked and should be backdated to the minute he swore false allegiance to our flag. Breach of contract, null and void, you are now an Enemy Combatant and can be treated as such.

Still cant take him in the basement, brutalize or torture him but we do have our means and methods of learning what we need to know. After the legal brain drain, we must ensure a zero recidivism rate by Foreign Nationals attempting to infiltrate and destroy our nation using unearned citizenship as a flack vest against inquiry, prosecution and intel dissemination.

The law is clear and righteous, declaring false allegiance to our flag to attain citizenship and rights is grounds to revoke citizenship.

__________________

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 04-24-2013 at 11:15 AM.
WebleyFosbery38 is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 279
Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
I have two trains of thought on this topic, The Human and the Citizen.

The Human in me is mad as hell, he hates what they did and would repeatedly violate him in my mind with objects and items just like what he did to those defenseless people they terrorized!

The Citizen in me has raised his hand 5 times and sworn for life to uphold and defend the Constitution to the end of my life. I cannot accept the disassociation of those rights from anyone who is a Citizen of The United States of America.

Lets not get too hung up on the feelings cause the facts show he likely attained his citizenship illegitimately by flying a false flag. He also took an oath when he was declared a Naturalized Citizen, if he did that with Malice or deception, his citizenship may be revoked and should be backdated to the minute he swore false allegiance to our flag. Breach of contract, null and void, you are now an Enemy Combatant and can be treated as such.

Still cant take him in the basement, brutalize or torture him but we do have our means and methods of learning what we need to know. After the legal brain drain, we must ensure a zero recidivism rate by Foreign Nationals attempting to infiltrate and destroy our nation using unearned citizenship as a flack vest against inquiry, prosecution and intel dissemination.

The law is clear and righteous, declaring false allegiance to our flag to attain citizenship and rights is grounds to revoke citizenship.
Whilst I share your anger and feelings towards this POS, I agree due process needs to happen according to the laws of the land, which he is a citizen of, otherwise it opens up abuse of power.

But it concerns me that many on this site seem to suggest that if he was not an American citizen then anything goes and he should treated differently. Is that the case?
__________________
lfcshooter is offline  
eatmydust Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #39
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Axxe55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Texas by God, Texas!
Posts: 24,531
Liked 16894 Times on 9788 Posts
Likes Given: 44059

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfcshooter View Post
Whilst I share your anger and feelings towards this POS, I agree due process needs to happen according to the laws of the land, which he is a citizen of, otherwise it opens up abuse of power.

But it concerns me that many on this site seem to suggest that if he was not an American citizen then anything goes and he should treated differently. Is that the case?
it concerns me greatly as well and i have voiced my opinions of this loudly and with pride. whatever his citizenship is, or his nationality is, need to be put aside and that as a human being, irregardless of what he has done, no matter how heinous the crime, we can't allow ourselves to forsake our own humanity just because of what one lowlife scumbag has done. when we bring ourselves down to that level as them and try and justify it with th fact that it's only fair for what they have done, we are not any better than those we accuse of those crimes. we cannot justify our actions by what others have done.

everyone deserves the most basic of human rights afforded them, everyone.
__________________
Coming from the Village of the Damned.
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #40
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6542 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Anyone who thinks of Hitler as a "liberal" is truly full of crap. Is that what they teach you in Texas?

The problem with your list above, 1) they are not Americans, and 2) American liberals are liberal Democrats, not Communist or Socialists. I will not attempt to explain the difference to you, as I am not sure you could understand. If that is the best to do, it is time to hang up the gloves. Tex.
Sorry, did I strike a nerve?

A Liberal is a Liberal, it doesn't matter where they are from, they still have the same ideals, and Socialism IS a Liberal belief.

NAZI-National Socialism

Here's what they wanted.

Nationalization of corporations and industries

Profit-sharing

Expansion of pension

Keynesian economic policies (believed in using large deficits and using government programs to reduce unemployment.)

Anti-free-market capitalist

Pro-animal rights

Pro-Government control (Wanted a strong central government)

Quote:
”We are socialists, we are enemies of today’s capitalistic economic system for the exploitation of the economically weak, with its unfair salaries, with its unseemly evaluation of a human being according to wealth and property instead of responsibility and performance, and we are determined to destroy this system under all conditions”

- Adolf Hitler, Hitler’s speech on May 1, 1927
Sounds pretty Liberal to me.

You want more? Because I have plenty more. Time to give it up Chain, you won't win.
__________________

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 04-24-2013 at 02:58 PM.
texaswoodworker is offline  
5
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Is there any body out there joshfireart Wyoming Gun Forum 8 09-10-2013 02:00 AM
Body Guard 380 gwk4667 Semi-Auto Handguns 5 09-24-2011 02:40 PM
bolt body kzink General Rifle Discussion 4 01-08-2010 12:22 PM
Does any body OC ? dango Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection 21 06-02-2009 12:33 PM