For the anti and pro marijuana people.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > For the anti and pro marijuana people.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2009, 12:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default For the anti and pro marijuana people.

If any of you have Progressive as your insurer, you must know about the stance of Peter B. Lewis. He is the founder of Progressive Insurance. He is PRO-pot. He has never hidden that fact. He is a supporter of BACH (businesses alliance for the commerce in hemp) and NORML (national organisation for the reformation of marijuana laws). He has made tons of $ in the insurance business. He was also busted attempting to smuggle pot from Europe to the US. Look it up. So, how many of you anti's knew this? Will you change your policy holder? I believe that Progressive is still a private carrier.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-29-2009, 01:47 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Will you change your policy holder?
Is he still involved with Progressive? Does his views on pot affect how the business operates in ANY WAY??

I never cared about ppl's personal ideologies/stances/politics... Robert Redford is a GREAT actor, Cameron Diaz is HOT.... but I wouldn't have anything to do with either of them in real life...

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 05-29-2009, 02:01 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think the feds got it all wrong. Tobacco should be illegal and pot should be legal. I don't smoke, but I can't stand the smell of tobacco. Pot just reminds me of days gone by.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
Is he still involved with Progressive? Does his views on pot affect how the business operates in ANY WAY??

I never cared about ppl's personal ideologies/stances/politics... Robert Redford is a GREAT actor, Cameron Diaz is HOT.... but I wouldn't have anything to do with either of them in real life...
I'm not sure if he is envolved in the day-to-day stuff. He is in his 70's now. Still, I'm sure he still uses the money he makes to support legalization of pot. I'm not judging him, but there are many vocal anti-pot members. I am not judging them either. I was merely making the point that you never know for sure where your money is going unless you check out every company you patronize. Progressive is actually a good insurance company. You talk to real people and you see real claims adjusters in their own vehicles (not eco-friendly vehicles for those who could care less). I have done business with them 2x's as a victim of 2 of their high risk customers. I had checks in my hand before the tow trucks could drag my wreck to the yard.

I'm just sayin'...

From C3Shooter:

Quote:

Old 05-29-2009, 02:35 AM   #5

Ah... well, my personal opinion is pot shouldn't be legalized... because it should've never been ILLEGALIZED! Don't "legalize" pot, void the law that made it illegal in the first place! And the US Gov't needs to mind its own business and remember that THEY WORK FOR ME!

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 05-29-2009, 02:40 AM   #6

I'm for legalization and Progressive is my insurer...doesn't change my opinion.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:50 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I don't consider Progressive's pro-pot stance as a threat to my rights, and therefore couldn't care less. I don't currently do business with them, and probably never will anyway. I WILL NOT, however, do business with PayPal, Citi Group, or any other anti-gun organizations.

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 05-29-2009, 02:52 AM   #8

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
And the US Gov't needs to mind its own business and remember that THEY WORK FOR ME!
Bingo

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 05-29-2009, 02:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
I don't consider Progressive's pro-pot stance as a threat to my rights, and therefore couldn't care less. I don't currently do business with them, and probably never will anyway. I WILL NOT, however, do business with PayPal, Citi Group, or any other anti-gun organizations.
Peter B. Lewis is outspoken in his anti-gun stance. He is one of those rich uber-liberals.

From C3Shooter:

Quote:

Old 05-29-2009, 03:07 AM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Peter B. Lewis is outspoken in his anti-gun stance. He is one of those rich uber-liberals.
Well hell, why didn't you mention THAT! I would say that's a major game changer, wouldn't you? Anyone on this forum that does business with him is an a$$hole...maybe you should change your thread title to "For the Anti and Pro GUN People"
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Last edited by RL357Mag; 05-29-2009 at 03:09 AM.