Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Another Virginia Tech Shooting (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/another-virginia-tech-shooting-53198/)

Firearms4ever 12-08-2011 06:08 PM

Another Virginia Tech Shooting

I have just found out that there is another Virginia Tech shooting currently going on. I found this out from my Great Uncle who lives in Blacksburg, which is where Virginia Tech is located. Not to mention I live about 30-45 minutes from Virginia Tech.

UrbanNinja 12-08-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firearms4ever
I have just found out that there is another Virginia Tech shooting currently going on. I found this out from my Great Uncle who lives in Blacksburg, which is where Virginia Tech is located. Not to mention I live about 30-45 minutes from Virginia Tech.

Just seen this on my local news.. one cop dead and a possible student. Shooter still at large

tellmaster207 12-08-2011 07:05 PM

I take it cc is not permitted.
Also there are 2 confirmed fatalities as of 3:05.

Firearms4ever 12-08-2011 07:05 PM

I heard the same thing. They're pulling police from surrounding areas, including where I live, to Blacksburg to lock down the campus and roads.

fmj 12-08-2011 07:09 PM

Guess VT didnt learn the first time. Not suprised. Nor do i feel bad. You would think an institution of higher learning would be the first to learn form prior mistakes!

After the first massacre they had students with legal ccw suing the school for their anti carry stance. Saying they were traumatized by the school for forcing them to witness the massacre and not being able to defend themselves or fellow students.

Wont see that here, We have uniform carry law throughout the state and one can carry ANYWHERE but a building housing a court room.

The law got passed as we were seeing communities such as bloomington (Indiana University campus) and mishawaka passing local law to forbid legal carry.

jon1992d 12-08-2011 07:19 PM

Do they know if it is a student doing the shooting? And im assuming you cant cc at the school?

Firearms4ever 12-08-2011 07:25 PM

I do not know if it has been confirmed who is doing the shooting, but I do know there are two confirmed fatalities, the shooter is still at large, and practically all the police in my area have been sent to Virginia Tech. CCW is not allowed at Virginia Tech as far as I'm aware of.

I agree with FMJ. You think they would have learned from the last shooting to allow CCW, but obviously they have not.

JonM 12-08-2011 07:35 PM

Its called working as intended. Helpless victims available to be killed so the criminal doesnt feel sad if he gets shot by a honest citizen.

My opinion anytime someone dies at the hands of a criminal in a gun free zone everyone responsible for making it a gun free zone should be charged with negligent homicide

LONGHAIR 12-08-2011 08:18 PM

OH-SH!T...Here we go again...The News is going to jump all-over this with Anti-Gun Bull-****.....:rolleyes:.........

trip286 12-08-2011 08:22 PM

We can't give the administration any pity for their foolishness, but we all need to keep the victims and their families in our hearts and prayers.