Another TSA Outrage - done to returning military from Afghan - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Another TSA Outrage - done to returning military from Afghan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

I love my country... hate the stupid that is breeding within its borders.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:39 PM   #12

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default stupidity rules

This is so sick I cannot even give a reasonable response. The TSA and our bureaucrats are a bunch of Flaking idiots.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine
Vietnam Vet 1968 MCB 53 Danang

Old 11-22-2010, 06:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Never took a commercial transport anywhere while in the military, CONUS or out of country. To this day, if I fly, I always fly standby, military transport, so I never had to put up with any Mickey Mouse, BS searches.
It's the only way to avoid the TSA morons, except for a private plane. (I bet Pelosi's gonna miss hers! )
The best flight I ever took was when we flew from RAF Mildenhall UK to Charleston SC on a Galaxy C5. Looking forward to more Space A travel as my husband's retiring soon.

As for your experience Bigcountry02, that was a disgusting way to treat our Military. I can only imagine what you really wanted to say.....

I was a Damage Inspector contracted to FEMA for 5 years, I worked every major disaster including Katrina. I was sent to the floods in Iowa in 2008, FEMA booked my one-way flight to Des Moines, as I never know when I will return or by which route.
I always travel light with one carry-on wheelie case, never with a weapon or anything as dangerous as nail clippers
So on my return trip, also booked by FEMA, I reached security at Des Moines.
TSA guy looked at me suspiciously (was it the red hair?)
I walked through the screen, did not sound an alarm.
TSA guy pulled me aside, asked me a few questions. (Ha! red hair and a funny accent!)
He told me I would be searched.
My FEMA photo ID badge was in plain sight, I pointed to it.
That means I've been through the FBI fingerprint and background checks.
I politely asked "could you please tell me why you selected me for a search?"
He said "one way ticket" so I explained why.
TSA guy shrugged, and repeated I would be searched.
First the wand, then the groping. I wanted to slap the **** out of that woman, big time.

Those people sure enjoy their little bit of power, don't they?

Last edited by IrishRed; 11-22-2010 at 06:09 AM.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:56 AM   #14
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1902 Times on 1100 Posts
Likes Given: 3897

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishRed View Post
Those people sure enjoy their little bit of power, don't they?
Yes, indeed a power trip! I am glad to be retired after 26 years in the Air Force. My mouth and family history (Germany, Austria, Hungarian and from dad's side Irish) will not do to go going through TSA.

Last nasty experience was in 2005 from VA to Germany after an exercise. I sent my laptop through the X-ray and check on the explosives detector machine. Then, the nerve of the TSA wants me to power the laptop up to check it! I said, check the hard drive for content for any illegal, they said "Yes" and I said "NO" and said "Get a warranty for this unlawful search and seizure crap! They had no due reason, except being noisy! I held my ground and they backed off. Since then, when I traveled with my laptop, it had the basics and nothing else!

The best noisy time was my co-worker carrying classified documents, with carrier letter. They want to open the briefcase, his comment when hell froze over! The exemption letter to them was like reading the English language! We stood our ground with the help of law enforcement (retired military) officer. We left after a 30 minute delay and the TSA thugs upset for not getting they're way!

It is probably worst in 2010 and they increase in BS factor!

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 11-22-2010 at 07:03 AM.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:04 AM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Last nasty experience was in 2005 from VA to Germany after an exercise. I sent my laptop through the X-ray and check on the explosives detector machine. Then, the nerve of the TSA wants me to power the laptop up to check it! I said, check the hard drive for content for any illegal, they said "Yes" and I said "NO" and said "Get a warranty for this unlawful search and seizure crap! They had no due reason, except being noisy! I held my ground and they backed off. Since then, when I traveled with my laptop, it had the basics and nothing else!

!?!

Jesus, that's getting just a little f*cking outrageous I would say.

Quote:
TSA Guy: You can’t take those on the plane.

Soldier: What? I’ve had them since we left country.

TSA Guy: You’re not suppose to have them.

Soldier: Why?

TSA Guy: They can be used as a weapon.

Soldier: [touches butt stock of the rifle] But this actually is a weapon. And I’m allowed to take it on.

TSA Guy: Yeah but you can’t use it to take over the plane. You don’t have bullets.

Soldier: And I can take over the plane with nail clippers?

TSA Guy: [awkward silence]

Me: Dude, just give him your damn nail clippers so we can get the f**k out of here. I’ll buy you a new set.

Soldier: [hands nail clippers to TSA guy, makes it through security]

This reads like a B-grade comedy script. Idiocy

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 11-22-2010, 10:08 AM   #16
CGO

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I forgot to take my breast cancer ribbon pin off. I went through the scanner and all hell broke loose. I think they thought I was going to over take the plane with my little pink pin.