Another TSA Outrage - done to returning military from Afghan
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Another TSA Outrage - done to returning military from Afghan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 05:48 AM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1919 Times on 1109 Posts
Likes Given: 3922

Default Another TSA Outrage - done to returning military from Afghan

I read this and YES - TSA are idiots!

I been through the customs inspections (the check) leaving from PSAB, Saudi Arabia and Qatar AB, Qatar to name a few.

Another TSA Outrage | RedState

As the Chalk Leader for my flight home from Afghanistan, I witnessed the following:

When we were on our way back from Afghanistan, we flew out of Baghram Air Field. We went through customs at BAF, full body scanners (no groping), had all of our bags searched, the whole nine yards.

Our first stop was Shannon, Ireland to refuel. After that, we had to stop at Indianapolis, Indiana to drop off about 100 folks from the Indiana National Guard. That’s where the stupid started.

First, everyone was forced to get off the plane–even though the plane wasn’t refueling again. All 330 people got off that plane, rather than let the 100 people from the ING get off. We were filed from the plane to a holding area. No vending machines, no means of escape. Only a male/female latrine.

It’s probably important to mention that we were ALL carrying weapons. Everyone was carrying an M4 Carbine (rifle) and some, like me, were also carrying an M9 pistol. Oh, and our gunners had M-240B machine guns. Of course, the weapons weren’t loaded. And we had been cleared of all ammo well before we even got to customs at Baghram, then AGAIN at customs.

The TSA personnel at the airport seriously considered making us unload all of the baggage from the SECURE cargo hold to have it reinspected. Keep in mind, this cargo had been unpacked, inspected piece by piece by U.S. Customs officials, resealed and had bomb-sniffing dogs give it a one-hour run through. After two hours of sitting in this holding area, the TSA decided not to reinspect our Cargo–just to inspect us again: Soldiers on the way home from war, who had already been inspected, reinspected and kept in a SECURE holding area for 2 hours. Ok, whatever. So we lined up to go through security AGAIN.

This is probably another good time to remind you all that all of us were carrying actual assault rifles, and some of us were also carrying pistols.

So we’re in line, going through one at a time. One of our Soldiers had his Gerber multi-tool. TSA confiscated it. Kind of ridiculous, but it gets better. A few minutes later, a guy empties his pockets and has a pair of nail clippers. Nail clippers. TSA informs the Soldier that they’re going to confiscate his nail clippers. The conversation went something like this:

TSA Guy: You can’t take those on the plane.

Soldier: What? I’ve had them since we left country.

TSA Guy: You’re not suppose to have them.

Soldier: Why?

TSA Guy: They can be used as a weapon.

Soldier: [touches butt stock of the rifle] But this actually is a weapon. And I’m allowed to take it on.

TSA Guy: Yeah but you can’t use it to take over the plane. You don’t have bullets.

Soldier: And I can take over the plane with nail clippers?

TSA Guy: [awkward silence]

Me: Dude, just give him your damn nail clippers so we can get the f**k out of here. I’ll buy you a new set.

Soldier: [hands nail clippers to TSA guy, makes it through security]

This might be a good time to remind everyone that approximately 233 people re-boarded that plane with assault rifles, pistols, and machine guns–but nothing that could have been used as a weapon.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-21-2010, 06:27 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 233 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 500

Shows you just how stupid pepole in our society have become, ( the book says this and thats waht they do, they cant think for themselves just like abunch of robots) it is a sad state we are in.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 11-21-2010, 06:48 AM   #3
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7172 Times on 4316 Posts
Likes Given: 8745

I don't even know what to say.

Sometimes I wonder if it's just a "power tripping idiot" acting like that. I CAN make him hand over his nail clippers so I WILL make him hand over his nail clippers. Because obviously it makes no sense any other way.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:10 AM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

What a bunch of moronic ass bags.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #5

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I might have been in trouble over all this when I smashed the TSA guys face with the but of my M249 then proceeded to urinate on him. Then I would have screamed PTSD.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:08 PM   #6

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Absurd!! Absolutely Absurd!! This will not, I repeat, Will not deter terrorists. All this does is inconvenience the public.

The sheeple, however; think this is making air travel safer!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 11-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #7

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

How do those flights work? Is it a military aircraft? A chartered passenger aircraft? Are only military personnel onboard?

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 11-21-2010, 05:14 PM   #8

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

This was just state side but when we flew to NTC we always flew on a chartered TWA 747. Senior NCO and Officers got 1st class.

To disembark everyone and then search them you would think the ranking officer would have stepped up and said shove it TSA.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Never took a commercial transport anywhere while in the military, CONUS or out of country. To this day, if I fly, I always fly standby, military transport, so I never had to put up with any Mickey Mouse, BS searches.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 11-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I recall we flew commercial once, with rifles, and we had to stick the bolts in our cargo pockets.

I'd fly commercial on leave, and did get strip searched once, MPs.

When I got to my underwear, I explained that I was a grunt, and we weren't going any further. They looked at each other (smaller guys), and decided that that was gonna have to work.