another tragedy ...

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > another tragedy ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default another tragedy ...

if its true ...the boy who shot himself while shooting the uzi ,at a machine gun shoot ..could have been avoided with proper training ...he didnt uderstand recoil /flip /rise of smg ....muzzle rise flip shot himself in the head as he dad video'ed the whole thing ...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2011, 04:32 PM   #2

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

That happened a long time ago, but if I remember correctly it was a micro uzi and the kid was about 8 years old. I'm all for allowing kids to shoot and I think it's a great idea to introduce them to FA's to eliminate the curiousity, but there are some guns kids have no business shooting. A fully automatic weapon especially one like the micro uzi who has a reputation of being hard to hold onto should have never been in the hands of a child.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #3

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

HUH WHAT? what the hell are you talking about.

I have seen nothing in the news about any kids shooting himself.

Links sources??????????????/

Old 01-16-2011, 04:42 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5673 Times on 2963 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
HUH WHAT? what the hell are you talking about.

I have seen nothing in the news about any kids shooting himself.

Links sources??????????????/
Boy, 8, Shoots Self With Uzi at Gun Show - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Quote:
Boy, 8, Shoots Self With Uzi at Gun Show
Monday, October 27, 2008

WESTFIELD, Mass. — With an instructor watching, an 8-year-old boy at a gun fair aimed an Uzi submachine gun at a pumpkin and pulled the trigger as his dad reached for a camera.

It was his first time shooting a fully automatic gun, and the recoil of the weapon was too much for him. He lost control and fatally shot himself in the head.

Now gun safety experts — and some gun enthusiasts at the club where the shooting happened — are wondering why such a young child was allowed to fire a weapon used in war. Local, state and federal authorities are also investigating whether everyone involved had proper licenses or if anyone committed a criminal act.

"It's easy to lose control of a weapon like that ... they are used on a battleground for a very good reason," said Jerry Belair, a spokesman for Stop Handgun Violence, based in Newton, Massachusetts. "It's to shoot as many times as you possibly can without having to reload at an enemy that's approaching. It's not a toy. It's not something to play with."

Police said Christopher Bizilj of Ashford, Connecticut, was pronounced dead at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, Massachusetts, on Sunday afternoon, shortly after firing a 9mm micro Uzi submachine gun at the Machine Gun Shoot and Firearms Expo at the Westfield Sportsman's Club, co-sponsored by C.O.P. Firearms & Training.

"The weapon was loaded and ready to fire," Westfield police Lt. Hipolito Nunez said. "The 8-year-old victim had the Uzi and as he was firing the weapon, the front end of the weapon went up with the backfire and he ended up receiving a round in his head."

Nunez said the investigation is continuing.

Christopher was attending the show with his father and older brother, Colin. Christopher had fired handguns and rifles before, but Sunday was his first time firing an automatic weapon, said his father, Charles Bizilj.

Bizilj told the Boston Globe he was about 10 feet (three meters) behind his son and reaching for his camera when the weapon fired. He said his family avoided the larger weapons, but he let his son try the Uzi because it is a small weapon with little recoil.

"This accident was truly a mystery to me," said Bizilj, director of emergency medicine at Johnson Memorial Hospital in Stafford, Connecticut. "This is a horrible event, a horrible travesty, and I really don't know why it happened."

Police are calling the shooting an accident but are investigating whether everyone connected with the incident had proper weapons permits. Massachusetts requires licenses to own firearms, and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives issues different licenses to possess machine guns.

The machine gun shoot drew hundreds of people from as far away as Maine and Virginia. An advertisement said it would include machine gun demonstrations and rentals and free handgun lessons.

"It's all legal & fun — No permits or licenses required!!!!" reads the ad, posted on the club's Web site.

"You will be accompanied to the firing line with a Certified Instructor to guide you. But You Are In Control — "FULL AUTO ROCK & ROLL," the ad said.

The ad also said children under 16 would be admitted free, and both adults and children were offered free .22-caliber pistol and rifle shooting.

Massachusetts has some of the strictest gun laws in the U.S. It is legal in Massachusetts for children to fire a weapon if they have permission from a parent or legal guardian and they are supervised by a properly certified and licensed instructor, Nunez said. The name of the instructor who was with the boy at the time was not released.

"We do not know at this time the full facts of this incident," Nunez said Monday.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-16-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

when i teach new people to guns to shoot they get a mag with exactly one round so that doesnt happen. the first round will go generally down range its panic follow up shots from fear, surprise, shock etc that get folks killed.

never know how someone is going to react. the dad shoulda been punished for criminal stupidity. dunno whatever happened to him tho.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
Now that we are all up-to-date... Thanks powg...you have a future in the news media.
dont give him a hard time he is doing better than 99.9% of the news casters out there.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:58 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I saw it a couple of days ago.

In the wake of the Tuscon tragedy, expect the hoplophobes to pull out all the stops. They will use anything they can find, from when Cain slew Abel to today.

Anti-gun is anti-gun and never should common sense or the facts intrude.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #8

Liked 1127 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
when i teach new people to guns to shoot they get a mag with exactly one round so that doesnt happen. the first round will go generally down range its panic follow up shots from fear, surprise, shock etc that get folks killed.

never know how someone is going to react. the dad shoulda been punished for criminal stupidity. dunno whatever happened to him tho.
I guess the dad has got a lifetime to live with what he did

Old 01-16-2011, 05:13 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davyboy View Post
I guess the dad has got a lifetime to live with what he did
I'm thinking the remainder of his life will suck quite majorly.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #10

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default re kindled

saw it on insde edition with debra crap-pile yesterday ...they didnt say it happened 3 yrs ago ....the gun debates are gonna ramp up again .they only aired it in wake of ariz..to get ratings iguess