Another stupid one

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Another stupid one

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Another stupid one

Gents,
Really quick, am up to my belt in work lately but had to throw this one on here. My buddy recently bought a new car and was going to get personalized plates. He is a Montana resident, so he will register it there. There was a great flurry of suggestions for him from my team, and with many attempts and failures we came up with a winner for the plate... "GUNS UP". Kind of a team saying among us from the Leeroy Jenkins clip (pretty funny if you havent seen it). Well my friend is on leave in MT this week and called me to tell me he cant get the plate. Not because it is taken already, but because the state wont let a plate be printed with the word "gun" on it.
Montana. You have got to be kidding me. SGTMiller what is up with that? You need to get em straight up there. Anybody else run into this? Never thought I would see Montana being politically correct. When did "gun" become a bad word anyway? It is ironic that the single most deadly instrument in the country (a car) cant have the word "gun" on the plate. Insanity gone stupid.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-06-2009, 01:45 PM   #2

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I'll bet they would have no problem making a plate that said FUK U on it

Old 07-06-2009, 02:09 PM   #3

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I had thought of, here in Nevada, trying for UPURZ2, but I doubt it would make it through the "selection" process. The obvious "ICU 812" isn't allowed because that's the reverse format of our current plates...3 numbers and then 3 letters.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Dang it and we are thinking of moving to Montana :/

Not all of us are trophy hunters.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #5

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

It's the states version of being "Politically Correct" as to not endorse nor support any specific agenda and piss people off. As for SGT Miller, he is presently TDY from the forum for an undetermined amount of time, and I for one, hope he comes back when his personal missions are accomplished. I miss the guy, and I am not alone.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #6
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I haven't seen a plate like that down here, but "guns up" is the Texas Tech University slogan and hand signal. So I'm sure someone has it. Guns Up - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe "GNS UP" will work.