Another sign of the changing times we live in... - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Another sign of the changing times we live in...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2013, 04:42 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post

The ones I had were in the shape of SAA, they took a roll of paper caps. One side of the "cylinder" hinged up and there was peg that you hung the roll on, then you fed the end of the roll up under the hammer. There was a mechanism that pulled the cap under the hammer when you cocked it. It looked just like the lever that rotates the cylinder on my Ruger Blackhawk. No orange tips when I was a kid either.

I really wish I knew what happened to them.
Some toystores that sell "vintage" stuff have them. Along with the old style paper rolls of caps.
We used to smash a couple rolls at a time .....if you used the right rock you could get a nice bang

Old 03-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #52
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 956 Times on 627 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Don't worry about all this Nancy Boy propaganda. No nation has been taken over by pale faced, pimple ridden fat kids. The danger has always been from the "Barbarians" at the gate.
The barbarian was at the gate over four years ago, he is in his second term as president, and the majority of the sheepel sleep while Rome burns.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1709 Times on 741 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
The ones I had were in the shape of SAA, they took a roll of paper caps. One side of the "cylinder" hinged up and there was peg that you hung the roll on, then you fed the end of the roll up under the hammer. There was a mechanism that pulled the cap under the hammer when you cocked it. It looked just like the lever that rotates the cylinder on my Ruger Blackhawk. No orange tips when I was a kid either.

I really wish I knew what happened to them.

Sure mine was destroyed like most things I had as a kid.
Got the bright idea to stick a bottle rocket down the barrel and shoot it at my brother one day. Not sure which hurt worse the powder burned fingers of the bottle rocket leaving the barrel or my ass after grandma wore it out with the double razor strap. Guess that is another sign of the changing times.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #54

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

I used to get the big wooden spoon that hung on the wall...until it broke

Old 03-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #55
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2810 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 1638

Ditto!! And the belt and the hand and several other thing that I won't mention in deference to my parents.

I wish I hadn't taken the punishment that I did, but it did end up disciplining me and my brothers too. Not the whoopin's they took, but the whoopin's I got, and I wasn't the oldest.

One last thought, banishing the Ten Commandments (the cornerstone of all Western law) from public display is a true sign of our "Let's just let everybody do whatever the hell they want" times!

That is except defend themselves from evil.

Last edited by eatmydust; 03-16-2013 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Oh yeah, forgot this!

Old 03-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 235 Times on 151 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaj

Some toystores that sell "vintage" stuff have them. Along with the old style paper rolls of caps.
We used to smash a couple rolls at a time .....if you used the right rock you could get a nice bang
Dad's smooth faced Estwing framing hammer and the sidewalk was quite effective at setting off a whole roll of caps at once.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:37 AM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 274 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
I used to get the big wooden spoon that hung on the wall...until it broke
My Dad made a cat o' nine tails out of his WWII army belt and I had quite a few experiences with it when I was 8 to 10 years old. No regrets, wish he was still with us.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will."

Ronald Reagan

rockratt Likes This 
Old 03-17-2013, 12:43 AM   #58

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

My dads a behemoth. 6'5, hands like catchers mitts ..... when I got spanked by him I had done something seriously wrong. I got a wire coat hanger from my mom ..... my father in law is a leo and he used his belt on my wife and brother in law ...... the belt is enormous ...... yikes

Old 03-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #59
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2810 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 1638

Received the first ever "Self Defense" catalogue from Cabela's.

I've been a customer for over 30 years, 2013 is the first time they have ever published an "SD" catalogue.