Another sign of the changing times we live in... - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Another sign of the changing times we live in...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 773 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 1602

A couple of years back, they re-issued "Rockem Sockem Robots" and I wanted to pick up one for Christmas (my son was 5 at the time...) Soooooo- I went down to the local ToysRus and walked up to an employee who said "Welcome"... I asked for Rockem Sockem Robots... and they looked me dead in the eyes and said "Is that a video game?" I asked "WHAT? How old are you? You do know G.I. Joes used to be a foot tall don't you?"

I never felt so old in my life. ... AND.. I had to order them online

Old 03-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #42
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB777 View Post
Everyone in my neighborhood had cap guns. What were the green ones with the glue on the back called? Me and every kid I knew in my neighborhood would be locked up today by the pc police.
I believe those were the "Greenie Stick Um caps"

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 03-15-2013, 08:26 PM   #43

Liked 287 Times on 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt View Post
how many remember cap guns??? Went thru a few of them as well.

I had most styles that were made. Even back then i loved the mechanics of guns. The way it fed the caps, turned a cylinder, worked the action....
I can remember when they started making the "realistic looking" ones with detachable mags and actually felt like the "action" of a gun when u pulled the trigger.

There were no real firearms in my home growing up but the bug still got me pretty young. My dad would always make sure the red tip stayed on all my guns...haha

Aside from "toys", my favorite things to do from very young were playing army, "war", or spies. ...and everytime the first thing you did was go in the woods and find the best looking stick to be your gun.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
...and everytime the first thing you did was go in the woods and find the best looking stick to be your gun.
Way i hear it that Feinstein bitch ran around with a large pencil sharpener grinding up the cool sticks when she was a young spawn of satan.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

Way i hear it that Feinstein bitch ran around with a large pencil sharpener grinding up the cool sticks when she was a young spawn of satan.
Once a biotch, always a ......

Old 03-16-2013, 12:27 AM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1742 Times on 763 Posts
Likes Given: 1323

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Funny!!! I would almost believe that except for the the fact I dont think the bitch is smart enough to operate one!!!!

Old 03-16-2013, 12:34 AM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 242 Times on 157 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer
Talk about changing times, a local kid was suspended for eating a pop tart into the shape of a gun. A picture of the pop tart was on the news. One had to have a vivid imagination to see the pop tart as a gun. The little green soldiers would get a kid sent to a foster home.
The New York Board of Regents has banned the study of Idaho, because if you turn it sideways it looks like a pistol.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:39 AM   #48

Can you imagine what kind of irresponsible, crazy parent you would be labeled if your 9 yo was making thinks like this!!

20130104_112606-1.jpg

Im sure my house would be raided if he pulled one of these out....

Old 03-16-2013, 03:44 AM   #49

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

I was the kid who took half and melted or burned them... Common what else were the flamethrowers for?

Old 03-16-2013, 04:28 AM   #50
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1011 Times on 602 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosaj View Post
I had most styles that were made. Even back then i loved the mechanics of guns. The way it fed the caps, turned a cylinder, worked the action....
I can remember when they started making the "realistic looking" ones with detachable mags and actually felt like the "action" of a gun when u pulled the trigger.

There were no real firearms in my home growing up but the bug still got me pretty young. My dad would always make sure the red tip stayed on all my guns...haha

Aside from "toys", my favorite things to do from very young were playing army, "war", or spies. ...and everytime the first thing you did was go in the woods and find the best looking stick to be your gun.
The ones I had were in the shape of SAA, they took a roll of paper caps. One side of the "cylinder" hinged up and there was peg that you hung the roll on, then you fed the end of the roll up under the hammer. There was a mechanism that pulled the cap under the hammer when you cocked it. It looked just like the lever that rotates the cylinder on my Ruger Blackhawk. No orange tips when I was a kid either.

I really wish I knew what happened to them.