Another sign of the changing times we live in... - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Another sign of the changing times we live in...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 03:11 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa35jsf View Post
I'm worried that by the time I have kids society will corrupt them. Already we are raising a new generation of scared, close minded, nurtured, media trusting, government trusting, helpless, lazy, cowards. It's because of things like this. Kids need to be kids. Let them learn and think on their own.
Cheers to that brother. Amen and god help us all! I have a 18 month old and another on the way. Thankfully they are girls for this reason...but still I have a long road ahead of me

Old 03-13-2013, 04:21 AM   #32
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 952 Times on 568 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vance View Post
Didn't they make them out of lead or pewter back in the day?

The whole topic is backa**wards.. Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks have it right by deglorifying war. Show that death is permanent and war is hell.

My buddy and his siblings grew up strict and sheltered, both his sister's are now straight up whores...
Mine were plastic.

I had a buddy raised similar, ABSOLUTELY no toy guns, toy soldiers, or anything of the kind. He and 1 brother and at least 1 sister but I think 2 of them out of 8 kids did a hitch in the marines before going on to college or on with the rest of thier lives.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:03 AM   #33

Liked 311 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 27

My brothers and I had them little green plastic suckers back in the late 1950's and early 1960's. We had large vacant fields around our house and made quite large dioramas with these little green plastic guys. Sometimes we would use fire crackers to blow them up.

We would buy bags of them at the corner store when we went there to buy comic books or candy as we went through alot of them. If I remember correct a bag of them were about $1.00 or less back then.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:29 AM   #34

Liked 226 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Remember the ones with the plastic parachutes? My friends and i took turns winding the chute around dude, chunking him up toward the sun, and watching to see where the lil dude landed.

I will say though, that i would've expected some crap over army figures on cupcakes in a public school in this day and time.
The best ones were the firework version that shot the bigger ones up prolly about a 100 feet....

Now THOSE were awesome,first thing id look for on 4th of July.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5717 Times on 3232 Posts
Likes Given: 5148

Do not ever believe that the brave and noble men fighting in the sand box, or those who fought in VN, are lesser in any way than the soldiers of WW2 and Korea.

In fact, those of today may shine even brighter since they are all volunteers.

Winston Churchill

Old 03-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #36

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

The sad part is you can't let your kids run free all day anymore without worrying about someone taking them or doing messed up stuff to them ...... scares the crap out of me because I've got a 4 year old girl

Old 03-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by rurak View Post
The sad part is you can't let your kids run free all day anymore without worrying about someone taking them or doing messed up stuff to them ...... scares the crap out of me because I've got a 4 year old girl
Somebody needs a German Shepherd puppy to dress in ribbons and such (that makes them really mean i hear ).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:39 PM   #38

Liked 308 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

Somebody needs a German Shepherd puppy to dress in ribbons and such (that makes them really mean i hear ).
My girls will put pink bows on my poor lab-German Shepard. He just smiles and wags his tail... Until something annoys him, then he kills it. He (while decked out in pink bows) ate a coyote that got too close to his puppy humans.
Criminals are never materially handicapped by such rules; the only effect is to disarm the peaceful citizen and put him fully at the mercy of the lawless. Such rules look very pretty on paper; in practice they are as foolish and footless as the attempt of the mice to bell the cat.

Letter to Alice Dalgliesh, the editor who was censoring his manuscript for Red Planet, regarding gun control registration and control Published in 1949

Old 03-15-2013, 12:29 AM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1709 Times on 741 Posts
Likes Given: 1298

We went thru bags of the little green men as kids and how many remember cap guns??? Went thru a few of them as well.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 274 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockratt View Post
...how many remember cap guns??? Went thru a few of them as well.
Everyone in my neighborhood had cap guns. What were the green ones with the glue on the back called? Me and every kid I knew in my neighborhood would be locked up today by the pc police.

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will."

Ronald Reagan