Another school threat - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Another school threat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 97 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 1

All of this makes me wanna go and sit in class with my kids tomorrow, or stand outside the front door of the school and question anyone that try's to enter.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Anut
All of this makes me wanna go and sit in class with my kids tomorrow, or stand outside the front door of the school and question anyone that try's to enter.
We are not allowed to lock our doors, however mine will be locked from now on.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:55 PM   #13

Liked 97 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl

We are not allowed to lock our doors, however mine will be locked from now on.
I don't blame you at all! You've got to do something!

Old 12-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #14

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 15

In my opinion.. we aren't going to be able to stop bad people who come across guns and use them for wrong. However, now that we have seen this take place in several schools. We can act in a positive manner. What I'm going to say won't be fun for the kids or teachers but its time for medal detectors and off duty police. Their should be Security in the schools that roam and do random locker checks. I know... who is going to pay for this. My guess is.. the poor family's that are grieving right now. There is way to much going on in the schools now including bulling and it needs to stop. If my school district said, they are going to put something like this in place and we will have to pay a little extra. I would do it, cause funerals cost plus grieving.. and having your whole life change is lot more of a cost. There isn't a amount I wouldn't pay to keep my child or yours safe. I'm not saying bad things still cant happen. But Officer presents makes a difference, As parents we don't make our children scared of this, We tell them... it is there because we love them. Remember.. the old days officer friendly as a child. Just my thoughts.

CEO of Gun Mouse Bore Cleaner
www.gunmouse.com
gunmouse4u@gmail.com

Thank you
Brian

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 12-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1817 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMouse
In my opinion.. we aren't going to be able to stop bad people who come across guns and use them for wrong. However, now that we have seen this take place in several schools. We can act in a positive manner. What I'm going to say won't be fun for the kids or teachers but its time for medal detectors and off duty police. Their should be Security in the schools that roam and do random locker checks. I know... who is going to pay for this. My guess is.. the poor family's that are grieving right now. There is way to much going on in the schools now including bulling and it needs to stop. If my school district said, they are going to put something like this in place and we will have to pay a little extra. I would do it, cause funerals cost plus grieving.. and having your whole life change is lot more of a cost. There isn't a amount I wouldn't pay to keep my child or yours safe. I'm not saying bad things still cant happen. But Officer presents makes a difference, As parents we don't make our children scared of this, We tell them... it is there because we love them. Remember.. the old days officer friendly as a child. Just my thoughts.
I grew up in a bad area and we had many security guards at our HS. Didn't bother me (unless I was trying to ditch class of course). Something definitely needs to be done. One armed guard at each school would be very helpful. Disarming people like you and me is definitely not the answer.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #16

Liked 4443 Times on 2200 Posts
Likes Given: 954

This is actually a common occurrence. The media is beating the drums on every threat that pops up now. They think they're going to scare the population into demanding gun control.

Lawyers: Defending The Constitution and the citizen, since 1776.

GunMouse Likes This 
Old 12-16-2012, 10:05 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

I would gladly take 30-35k a year to run security at a school. I can use a new full time job.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

GunMouse Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
This is actually a common occurrence. The media is beating the drums on every threat that pops up now. They think they're going to scare the population into demanding gun control.
I believe your right. Its not looking good when you see the media push for it. Call me Yoda.. You heard it here first. When gun control finds it place and the Media seems to be happy, then the next big violent event happens in the schools and it hit close to home for them. One of two things will happen. Oops maybe gun control doesn't work or take more control. I wish they knew you will never be able to control guns. The bad will find away. People just use common sense please !!

www.gunmouse.com
gunmouse4u@gmail.com

Thank you
Brian

Old 12-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #19

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
I would gladly take 30-35k a year to run security at a school. I can use a new full time job.
See that a new job opening already.

www.gunmouse.com
gunmouse4u@gmail.com

Thank you
Brian

Old 12-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #20

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunMouse View Post
People just use common sense please !!
Unfortunately, the anti's operate through emotions... common sense isn't their strong suit. Meaningful discussions rarely go anywhere when you can't think clearly.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.