Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Another oldie medical test failure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 317 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 110

Default Another oldie medical test failure

Every now and then, I am treated to a fairly large medical physical. Test that include EKG, X-Rays, Blood work, hearing, vision and lastly, the Pulmonary Function test. Yesterday was my day through the gauntlet. Everything went just fine until the Pulmonary Function Test that requires you to blow through a hose on three separate attempts - all the air from your lungs forcefully into a machine to measure your lung's efficiency. On the third attempt as I blew viciously into the tube at the constant coaching of the young girl technician yelling "Blow! Blow! Blow!".......it happened............"toot"......
Ok...I stopped blowing....I did it- she heard it......her eyes were wide like half dollars.
My mind instantly went into recovery mode and I, without cracking a smile said..."Hey look man...I'm trying to be serious here, can you hold off doing that until I'm, done?"
Her eyes then opened even wider and her jaw dropped. I said, "OK, lets try this again..busy man here....I have stuff to do."
She then, without hesitation, with a look of shock.... turned and re-set the machine. As I started to re-do the test over, I suddenly stopped and said, "So...how long have they let you bring your pet duck to work?"

...I thought she was going to get up and leave the examining room...... you gotta love us Oldies.

"The government did not write the constitution to give rights to the people. The people wrote the constitution to limit the government's power."

LIFETIME NRA MEMBER SINCE 1977

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Priceless.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #3

Liked 72 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 13

STOP, STOP MY SIDES ARE HURTING!!! ! I don't care what anyone says! Now that's funny!

Old 03-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #4
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Had to stop by and read it again. Still hilarious.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Thanks Kimber that was just what I needed to get the day off to a good start!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 03-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #6

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

I never get tired of the humor here Hahaha Thanks for the laugh!!