Another murder suicide - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Another murder suicide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
That is what I have been saying - and this is a clear cut case of why I am no longer a member.

They ask for money, they ask for money, they ask for money, and then when they should be stepping up and raising hell, they are NOWHERE to be found!

WTF?!?!
I gave up my membership because of their lack of representation... I refuse to make another car payment for those pricks!

Old 04-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2744 Times on 1437 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Back to the topic at hand, I have seen an alarming rise in emotionally disturbed persons in crisis in the Austin area over the last 3 months.Some of our known/regular whack jobs are now bugging us daily when last year it was monthly. Dozens of previously unknown EDP's have popped up on the radar. I see 3-4 incident reports a day of people claiming impossible things and government conspiracies and I only see the stuff from the East side of our County. Tensions are high and we are likely to see more such incidents such as this in the near future.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 04-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #13
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Back to the topic at hand, I have seen an alarming rise in emotionally disturbed persons in crisis in the Austin area over the last 3 months.Some of our known/regular whack jobs are now bugging us daily when last year it was monthly. Dozens of previously unknown EDP's have popped up on the radar. I see 3-4 incident reports a day of people claiming impossible things and government conspiracies and I only see the stuff from the East side of our County. Tensions are high and we are likely to see more such incidents such as this in the near future.
To some extent yes. However, it's more likely a media agenda to expound on gun related events.

FOR EXAMPLE: If the media tells you that they are seeing a lot more big red trucks in Austin, and you see photos... all of a sudden you will begin to "NOTICE" more red trucks. Even though the number hasn't changed in 50 years.

As far as hearing and seeing more events, without a doubt.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2744 Times on 1437 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Austin has always had more that its fair share of EDP's. They just seem to be more commonplace now and are having more severe issues.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 04-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #15

This is absolutely horrible. I listened to the tape of her saying good bye to her boyfriend. She definitely had some mental issues.

Check out today's blog:

Why I DON'T recommend a Stun Gun for Self-Defense

http://www.womenofcaliber.wordpress.com

Old 04-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm sorry, but can someone... anyone realize that... Obama comes into office (anti gun) then problems like these seem to pop out of thin air. If you think I need to take off the tin foil hat you need to take off the damn rose colored shades. The media is showing everyone this simply to turn people that are on the fence about gun laws. WE ARE LOSING OUR GUNS. What comes after our guns! Our freedom damnit. I am not an extremist I'm a realist someone look at the statistics. this pisses me off so bad. We are all sitting here losing our freedoms and here I am right with yall watching them sink, because like most I don't know what to do except for stock up and hope to be able to protect my family.

Not all of us are trophy hunters.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:24 PM   #17

I watched the vid and I was going to make a joke, but in reality, this is no joking matter. She was nuts and it was going to happen somewhere. Unfortunately, it occured on a range.

Being new to the gun world, and understanding that you have to join groups to maintain your freedoms (riding on public lands - AND PRIVATE) my friend and I were considering joining the NRA. After reading their lack of involvement on this, I am second guessing myself now. You know, they could be laying back and waiting to make their prescense known when things really go south on the gun control issue. Nobody wants to burn favors or show their cards until necessary. Looking with rose colored glasses now Samples.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:32 PM   #18

It's people like this that ruin what we've been fighting to protect for years. Still the NRA should step up and aid our image