Another murder suicide
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Another murder suicide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 05:30 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Default Another murder suicide

A woman with a history of mental illness kills herself and her son at a shooting range in Florida. All this sh1t is really bothering me!!!

Mom kills son, then self at gun range - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #2

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

That women had some serious underlying mental issues.

"God turned me into the Antichrist" that is the thought pattern of a person who needs some serious meds.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:05 AM   #3
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I heard about this at the range I'm a member at this afternoon. The two guys working the counter were talking about it and said they are happy they have to wear a vest "just in case". We started talking and I mention that I noticed more regular shootes wearing vest, I thought they were being overly protective. One of the guys said considering we are a public range it's not a bad idea but I'd wear it under a shirt and most are wearing them on the outside of the shirt. I told him that it would stop a bullet either way and he said well if someone wants to go off and they see your vest they going to shoot you in the head. We talked for awhile and they said the owner was thinking of not renting firarms anymore but they would like to see the range for member use only. From what I heard 60% of the people who shoot at the range are not members so a members only option isn't a reasonable choice. I suggested that there are three bays at the range, is there a way walk ins could be put in a bay and members put in another bay, the third bay being mixed if needed? They liked the idea and said they would pass it on to the owner.

As much as I would like to be able to buy enough land so I could shoot at home it isn't an option. All the same I am looking at getting a vest as it is something I can afford.

Last edited by WDB; 04-09-2009 at 12:08 AM.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:09 AM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

This **** is seriously starting to get old. You know that the anti's are going to have a field day with this. A murder suicide at a shooting range? The Brady bunch is creaming their shorts right now. By the way where the hell has the NRA been the last few weeks? Shouldn't they be actively and proactively defending us non crazy gun owners right now?

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 04-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs887 View Post
By the way where the hell has the NRA been the last few weeks? Shouldn't they be actively and proactively defending us non crazy gun owners right now?
That is what I have been saying - and this is a clear cut case of why I am no longer a member.

They ask for money, they ask for money, they ask for money, and then when they should be stepping up and raising hell, they are NOWHERE to be found!

WTF?!?!

Old 04-09-2009, 12:51 AM   #6
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Posted on another thread but it fits well here as well.

I agree the NRA or the GOA are doing a duck/cover on this issue and should being doing something proactive. On line or phone line offering counseling to streesed members. A few well written articles on how to deal with stress or what to look for if a love one is dealing with stress or loss. Anything that would help afirm that they understand these are trying times and offer some resources for dealing with the stress. Both beat the drum that we are responsible gun owners so be responsible and make an effort help prevent future events like those we have recently seen.

I don't get a warm fuzzy with the lack of any response by NRA or GOA but expect if hell rains down new gun control they will email, phone and mail all of us telling us it's time to get involved and speak up. I'm going to ask why they hadn't already taken steps to do something proavtive.

I emailed NRA earlier today expressing much of this and asking them to get involved now.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:03 AM   #7

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I knew there was a reason I never ponied up the money for a NRA membership.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 04-09-2009, 03:54 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This same sh$t happened to me on March 31st at the gun range where I work. A guy comes in, rents a gun from us and eats a bullet. I never saw it coming because this person acted just like any other customer. I got to tell you brothers, it was the worst day of my life. I've never ever seen anything like it before and I pray I never do again. I just don't know how people can kill themselves, I can't imagine life being that bad. My prayers go out to all the families affected by this BS.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:06 AM   #9
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
This same sh$t happened to me on March 31st at the gun range where I work. A guy comes in, rents a gun from us and eats a bullet. I never saw it coming because this person acted just like any other customer. I got to tell you brothers, it was the worst day of my life. I've never ever seen anything like it before and I pray I never do again. I just don't know how people can kill themselves, I can't imagine life being that bad. My prayers go out to all the families affected by this BS.

Bother truly sorry for you, there was nothing you could have done.
Same thing happened at a range in Everett WA, not too far from me a few months ago. I shoot there sometimes on the way home. The range master said he didn't see it coming the guy put a few rounds down range (with a rented pistol) then shot himself. This guy loved his job until then and is still trying to figure out what he could have done. I expect he tells the story to the regulars and they all tell him the same thing I did. Nothing you could have done to save him. All the same he's not the guy he use to be.

Best thoughts with you Joe

Old 04-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #10

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Man if you got to wear a vest to go to the range I think i would find a different place to shoot.