Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Another crazy kills his family (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/another-crazy-kills-his-family-13028/)

Jo da Plumbr 04-19-2009 03:01 AM

Another crazy kills his family

Couple, their 3 kids found dead in Maryland home

MIDDLETOWN, Md. A father killed his wife and their three children before fatally shooting himself in a northwest Maryland home, leaving a gruesome scene that was discovered Saturday by the youngsters' grandfather, authorities said.

When investigators arrived, the couple's two sons, ages 5 and 4, lay dead in their beds, while the bodies of a 2-year-old daughter and the mother, Francis Billotti Wood, were in the master bedroom of the two-story home, Frederick County sheriff's office spokeswoman Jennifer Bailey said. On the master bedroom floor by the foot of the bed was the father, 34-year-old Christopher Alan Wood, dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, Bailey said.

The 33-year-old mother and three children suffered "traumatic cuts," Bailey said, but the causes of their deaths weren't immediately confirmed.

The woman's father found them dead around 9 a.m. He had grown concerned after not hearing from them for several days, Bailey said.

Investigators also found a shotgun and other items they believed were used to slash the victims. Several notes were found, but authorities didn't say what was written in them.

Couple, their 3 kids found dead in Maryland home

dog2000tj 04-19-2009 04:43 AM

WTF is wrong with people? How does someone kill there own child? :mad:

Makes me sad. :(

falseharmonix 04-19-2009 04:49 AM

If you just want to end it all, why not do the world a favor and just kill YOURSELF?!?!

It only gives more for the anti's to say "see, we told you guns kill people"...

who was it here that said "if guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?" ??

janikphoto 04-19-2009 08:08 AM

The sad thing is he used a .25, which might not have done things quickly. It would've been a good thing, if he did it in public where the tiny round might not have been immediately lethal (and paramedics could've reversed his evil plan). However, nobody knew of this for days... He probably had to shoot his victims a few times, or maybe that's why they also had the multiple slash/stab wounds?!?

Now, don't take this the wrong way. I wish he would not have done this at all. I'm just saying that if those poor children had to die, I sure hope it was quick and painless. I'm just not sure a .25 is going to do that (unless he put it in the head just right).

On a side note, I just don't see how you could EVER do that to your own children?!? And how do you finish the job once you start it? He had to have heard crying/screaming from them. This man was messed up.

Mark F 04-19-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falseharmonix (Post 96393)
If you just want to end it all, why not do the world a favor and just kill YOURSELF?!?!

It only gives more for the anti's to say "see, we told you guns kill people"...

who was it here that said "if guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?" ??

Anti's don't need a reason, they make up their own excuses.

skullcrusher 04-19-2009 01:33 PM

I saw this, too. Very sad when this happens.

The news caster said that authorities said that the father may have had psychological and/or financial problems. What??? MAY have had psychological problems?!?

Mark F 04-19-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 96451)
I saw this, too. Very sad when this happens.

The news caster said that authorities said that the father may have had psychological and/or financial problems. What??? MAY have had psychological problems?!?

Well, you know the newscaster didn't want to commit to a definite conclusion as he "may" be cited for slander...

dango 04-19-2009 02:50 PM

There is an awareness with-in me,awareness that hopefully matters.I look at people in a different way these days hopeing I can see something wrong,some red flag,anything.The insanety must stop,it's not even a gun issue.It is a sickness and there must be clues,we must pay attention.
I pray for all affected by this sickness,sadly..!

allyellow 04-19-2009 05:22 PM

I don't understand how a person could look at their sleeping baby and do such a evil thing.:(

Worries me that if someone would do this to their own family what would or could they do to my family?

I to have a strange awareness about me around people watching for anything!

Minionsram 04-19-2009 06:52 PM

That is some Fu**ed up stuff. The coward should have taken his own life with a dull spoon and left the children and wife alone.:mad: