Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Anonymous Hackers To Kill FaceBook.... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/anonymous-hackers-kill-facebook-46695/)

LONGHAIR 08-12-2011 04:32 AM

Anonymous Hackers To Kill FaceBook....

On ..YOUTUBE...A group called Anonymous Hackers as threat to Kill FaceBook by November 5th...I watched some of there Video's and they say gamers are not their target....Has anybody else seen this ???....They say FaceBook is selling your info to the gov. and also say they could already kill FaceBook if they want to right now.....I don't use FaceBook to much and don't have info on FaceBook...If you do,you may want to watch the video's on YOUTUBE.....Just...Saying............Better safe then ......SORRY.............:confused::eek::eek:

dunerunner 08-12-2011 04:35 AM

Where is my popcorn!

Like anything I have put up on Facebook is more than what the IRS gets every year in my tax return!:rolleyes:

Ploofy 08-12-2011 04:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah. They may be able to do it. DDoS the hell out of facebook. But they're not going to take it over. And the FBI gets three or four of them each time.

Ploofy 08-12-2011 04:50 AM

Actually, Anon isn't supporting this. Too soon after taking over the Turkish Department of Defense site.

AcidFlashGordon 08-12-2011 11:51 AM

No loss in my book. I don't have a face book account nor will I ever have one. Same for twitter. Social gadfly B.S. to me.....:rolleyes:

winds-of-change 08-12-2011 11:55 AM

I opened a Facebook account when there was an FTF group started. I don't have anything posted on FB that I feel could not be advertised on a billboard.

LONGHAIR 08-12-2011 02:15 PM

All of these Hackers out there,braking-into everything from your local bank to the local water company makes me wounder ...JUST WHEN...they will strike something like our POWER-GRID in a heat wave or a snow-storm,and end-up hurting or killing people.....Not IF but ...WHEN !!!!!........They say Chine has already looked into Hacking our power-grid.....

TheSadPanda 08-13-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 561373)
All of these Hackers out there,braking-into everything from your local bank to the local water company makes me wounder ...JUST WHEN...they will strike something like our POWER-GRID in a heat wave or a snow-storm,and end-up hurting or killing people.....Not IF but ...WHEN !!!!!........They say Chine has already looked into Hacking our power-grid.....

Sure there are tons of hackers out there, but very few well qualified ones. And a portion of those well qualified ones belong to Anonymous. Anonymous has no intention of "attacking" America or anything that would physically harm somebody. The true Anonymous only seeks to make right what is wrong, such as Facebook selling your info to companies and the gov't. Nobody wants that, so should they deem it a priority, Facebook could go down for a night or a couple days ( something that Facebook has never done). Anonymous isn't a terrorist group looking to hurt people, they are just trying to make a statement and get people to open their eyes. And imvho, that's exactly what some people need right now.

Ploofy 08-13-2011 01:21 AM

Yeah, Anon has recently been on a "social justice" crusade. Though LulzSec, a branch of the legion, just likes screwing crap up.

TheSadPanda 08-13-2011 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ploofy (Post 561851)
Yeah, Anon has recently been on a "social justice" crusade. Though LulzSec, a branch of the legion, just likes screwing crap up.

There's always going to be somebody who likes to just mess stuff up for no apparent cause or reason, but Anon as a whole doesn't generally condone that activity.