You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Anonymous charity?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2014, 05:33 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6246 Times on 4130 Posts
Likes Given: 3211

Default Delete diplicate

You see a beggar at the stoplight. You have no time or inclination to talk to him/her. Will you typically give a buck just for the asking?

The register at a gas station asks if you want to donate a buck to a children's charity. What's your most likely response?

Non-judgemental, totally unscientific poll.

Last edited by Mercator; 10-11-2014 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Need poll

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-11-2014, 05:42 PM   #2

Liked 2514 Times on 1348 Posts
Likes Given: 1479

I do not give to someone standing on the side of the road with a sign. I do not give at store registers either. I do give to people that are truly in need. God usually points them out to me. Maybe they are hungry and need a meal from Burger King. I was driving down the street one day with my wife. There was an old lady walking down the street. She did not look like a homeless person. I did not think anything of it. I paid her no attention. But my wife asked me to pull over. Tina got out of the truck and told the old lady she wanted to give her some money. She did and the old lady started crying. The old lady asked for nothing. She had no sign. But it was clear from her reaction that she needed it. God clearly had and hand in that.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 10-11-2014, 05:53 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I do not give to someone standing on the side of the road with a sign. I do not give at store registers either. I do give to people that are truly in need. God usually points them out to me. Maybe they are hungry and need a meal from Burger King. I was driving down the street one day with my wife. There was an old lady walking down the street. She did not look like a homeless person. I did not think anything of it. I paid her no attention. But my wife asked me to pull over. Tina got out of the truck and told the old lady she wanted to give her some money. She did and the old lady started crying. The old lady asked for nothing. She had no sign. But it was clear from her reaction that she needed it. God clearly had and hand in that.
I reposted this with a poll. My apologies to Rick. I will try to delete this thread stump. Please look up next thread

Old 10-11-2014, 05:53 PM   #4

Liked 3960 Times on 1990 Posts
Likes Given: 6583

I Donate a small amount every 2 weeks to St Judes, and the Shriners Burn Hospital (payroll deduct) but dont give to pan handlers, or at the gas station. Unless it's for something local, like last spring we had a family that needed help with medical bills for their Daughter, and had a shoot out at the range for them. The one i should look into is the South American Adopt-a-kid thing $14 a month...Been doing that for 6 Months...could be a con man, with a PO box on the beach for all i know, but one of them TV commercials with the kid sitting in a mud puddle and flies buzzing around him got me.......

Last edited by rn-cindy; 10-11-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Old 10-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

MODERATORS can you please delete the thread as duplicate. OP

Closed Thread