Annoyed at the range
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Annoyed at the range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Annoyed at the range

So I went to the range yesterday and brought along my browning buckmark and the CZ for some more range time. Start shooting and 5 lanes were already full. Helped one guy figure out how to load his magazine for his glock and sig plus some basic safety, like quit sweeping everyone and take your finger off the trigger when you're not shooting. He finally left,whew! He said it was his first time ever shooting...so he decides to bring two pistols he knew absolutely nothing about and put everyone on the range at risk.

Then some guy next to me blasts off with a .50cal muzzleloader......on an indoor pistol range!!! Holy mother of pearl!!!!! Smoke everywhere and I couldn't even see my targets down range.

Me: Does Steve know you're shooting that thing in here?

Them: Yeah, we called ahead, why?

Me: No reason I guess.

seriously....... I waited fifteen minutes before they finally left.

I left the outdoor range because of people,now....now I'm thinking about buying myself some land and making my own range free from the danger and idiocy that frequents gun ranges.

My little rant.......................off.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #2

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Find another range!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-24-2009, 02:51 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I would love to have an indoor range to go to. Nothing up here at all

Old 10-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I feel your pain brother, I work at an indoor range. Etiquette and safety lessons should be a requirement before entering the range. We rent firearms so I do my best to school first time shooters.

Last year we had to log off some jack pines on our property so we could install a septic system. The logger said he was only going to get two truck loads and could only give me a couple of hundred bucks for the wood. That was alright with me because I was willing to pay him to get rid of those $hitty trees. We had to put the leach field 100 yards away from the cabin and needless to say, I now have a 100 plus yard firearm's range. Well worth the 8 Gs I spent on the septic system.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 10-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Damn, Goju that sucks. Years ago when I first got into muzzleloaders, I called around to different ranges and asked about the muzzleloaders. Everyone said no way. The last one I called said something about the state says bp arms are a no go at the indoor ranges.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 10-24-2009, 05:07 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

The range should be for skill and enjoyment, not dangerous or inconsiderate jackasses.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #7

While i agree with you about there being no place for a bp in an indoor range. Im sure theres plenty of outdoor places the jackass could of gone to shoot that thing. But for the guy whos first time shooting i give you props for taking time to help him learn the proper way to handle and shoot his weapon.

while its dangerous and people need to becareful. i think its the experinced persons job to help the new people learn what to do and not to do so no one gets hurt.. So good job goju for helping out.

I think also that range masters need to pay more attention for those inexperinced people at the range and help them if they can.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:01 AM   #8

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

My buddy lives in your Burb. Let me find out where he goes to burn powder.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:24 AM   #9
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1922 Times on 1111 Posts
Likes Given: 3925

Albuquerque has a few outdoor and one indoor I know of (too much money, unless you have yearly membership). I was in Bossier City, La. we had an sweet indoor range, one side was for pistol and another was for rifle, both were separated! The only thing I do like about indoor ranges, you can rent pistols on hand to see what fits your feel!

Old 10-25-2009, 03:28 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

These stories make me so happy I have land to shoot on and my own private range.