An announcement from ebay.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > An announcement from ebay.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2007, 12:41 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default An announcement from ebay.

Hello everyone…In mid-August, we will be updating our Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy to place more restrictions around gun-related items. Once these changes take effect, we will prohibit listings of any firearm part that is required for the firing of a gun. This includes items like bullet tips, brass casings and shells, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, firing pins, trigger assemblies, etc. Please read the Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy for more details on our current policy.

As you may know, eBay does not allow the listing of any items which are regulated by individual states or the federal government; however, there are still a large number of firearm-related parts that are legal and are widely available in retail stores. These items have also historically been allowed on eBay.

After learning that some items purchased on eBay may have been used in the tragedy at Virginia Tech in April 2007, we felt that revisiting our policies was not only necessary, but the right thing to do. After much consideration, the Trust & Safety policy team – along with our executive leaders at eBay Inc. – have made the decision to further restrict more of these items than federal and state regulations require.

This new update continues to encourage safety among our community members and brings our policies in the U.S. and Canada in closer alignment with our existing policies in other markets around the globe.

Sincerely,

Matt Halprin
Vice President, Trust & Safety

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200707.shtml#2007-07-30094109

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-01-2007, 02:22 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2772 Times on 1449 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Default E-bay

I already went to the e-bay forums and posted my feelings on this decision. I will no longer do business with e-bay and would encourage all others to do the same. If we hit them in the wallet they MIGHT listen. They are a publicly traded company and as such are answerable to the stock holders. If the stock holders lose money they will call for heads.

BOYCOTT E-BAY!

Old 08-01-2007, 08:32 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It is such an idiotic thing to do. I'm sure thousands of things bought on ebay have been used in crimes, but guns are so scary

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 08-02-2007, 12:38 AM   #4

Scumbags.

What other auction sites are popular to sell parts on?

Old 08-02-2007, 04:29 AM   #5

Lets see, I bought a lamp on EBAY and broke it over my wifes head... Maybe they should revisit that rule??

My wife bought Stiletto's and kicked me in the nuts... I would surely like to see those banned as well.

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." George S. Patton

www.sabrearms.com
www.sabrearmsairsoft.com

Old 08-02-2007, 05:34 PM   #6

Here is another way for the gov to control gun items. Ebay will figure out they didn't something wrong if everyone stops selling/buying items on there.

Also I found out that EBAY shut down or bought Yahoo Online Auction. Ebay wants to buy all the online auctions so they would be the Super Power on online auctions. They want total control... I saw that on a TV spot on MSNBC 2 or 3 months ago. The kid that did the shooting did not buy anything from ebay!!!! This is another excuse to cut gun items out of ebay..... What horse sh&^!

If he did do that. It would be all over the news!!! Another excuse for the Dem to yank our rights from us!!!!

I am sick and tried of all this bull. everyone is trying to pull!!!!!!!!!!!

Kentuckiana Firearms Training
Chris
www.ccdw.info
c.schlager@insightbb.com

Old 08-02-2007, 06:53 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FALPhil View Post
Scumbags.

What other auction sites are popular to sell parts on?
GunBroker.com
http://gunbroker.com/

Craigsllist.com
http://www.craigslist.org/about/cities.html
Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 08-02-2007, 11:16 PM   #8

www.auctionarms.com

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." George S. Patton

www.sabrearms.com
www.sabrearmsairsoft.com

Old 08-04-2007, 02:18 PM   #9

Likes Given: 2

Here's an other site

Guns America

http://www.gunsamerica.com/

Aussie Rogue

Old 08-05-2007, 06:47 PM   #10

Not to mention there are plenty of forums based around whatever gun you are looking for. Glocktalk, saiga, sig etc etc. People are always selling there wares on those forums.

www.sabrearms.com
www.sabrearmsairsoft.com