Anniversary of Woodstock. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anniversary of Woodstock.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 10:47 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 71 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Say what you will my parents were there, My Dad was a USMC vet and served in Korea. Three of my Uncles were in Nam at that time, only two came home. Us kids stayed with my Aunt while my Dad and Mom went to Woodstock. My Dad did thirty years working for Ford and expect Woodstock was his week vacation for the year. My Mom and Dad raised five children that all did exactly what was expect of us. Be better than where you come from. If you ask my farther his greatest regreat and his greatest pride is when I joined the USMC. It didn't make any sense until my son told me he wanted to join the core.

I believe a lot of good people where there for the music and got to see some bands early on. Most were not pot smoking hippies playing in the mud. Most where there to hear the music and take some time to smile in a hard place in time.

Tell me where you can go to a concert of that caliber these days! It would be epic but it doesn't happen, the promoters and the bands expecting so much. Look at the bands that played at wood stock and put together the band list of today. It was 40 years ago but consider what the the bands were paid then and what what it would cost now. Better yet what did it cost to attend wood stock compared to going to a half azz concert these days.

I wish I had the experience of wood stock but not something posible these days and if it was the expense would exclude the common man.
We need something like that now
I paid $8.00 for my tickets...

Old 08-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I remember that was all the buzz in New England that summer. Local news stations were saying stay outta upstate NY, but kids still went. My friends sister went, and never came back home. She hitched a ride with some hippys from CA and went west with them.

After my parents let my sister go the the Doors concert in New Haven a year and a half earlier, there was no way they would let her go, and I remember my dad tell me I could forget about it too.

To take our minds off the current events, he took me and a friend of mine to the local plymouth dealer so we could look at the new roadrunners and GTXs. Heck, we still had our transistor radios to listen to anyway. The salesman took us for a demo ride in a GTX too

Lost over time and overshadowed by woodstock was the second big event that was being planned at the Powder Ridge Ski Area in CT. After woodstock, CT state and local officials put the kabash on the event. ........................markerdown

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow