Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Anniversary of Woodstock.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 03:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default Anniversary of Woodstock.

We've all seen the reports and trailers for the new move regarding the 40th anniversary of the Woodstock Festival. Fine and dandy, and there were some awesome musicians that performed there.

We all also know about the missing (erased) recordings of Nixon's mishap with Watergate.

Nixon was the POTUS at the time of Woodstock.

Where are the recordings of any discussion of taking care of all of the hippies at one time? A well placed and large insect fogger would have cured many problems. Makes sense to me.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-17-2009, 03:37 AM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It's just too bad some of them survived the 60's to reproduce!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-17-2009, 03:40 AM   #3

I dont live too far from there. They had an article about it in the local paper. Quite interesting actually.

S.S.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:26 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Say what you will my parents were there, My Dad was a USMC vet and served in Korea. Three of my Uncles were in Nam at that time, only two came home. Us kids stayed with my Aunt while my Dad and Mom went to Woodstock. My Dad did thirty years working for Ford and expect Woodstock was his week vacation for the year. My Mom and Dad raised five children that all did exactly what was expect of us. Be better than where you come from. If you ask my farther his greatest regreat and his greatest pride is when I joined the USMC. It didn't make any sense until my son told me he wanted to join the core.

I believe a lot of good people where there for the music and got to see some bands early on. Most were not pot smoking hippies playing in the mud. Most where there to hear the music and take some time to smile in a hard place in time.

Tell me where you can go to a concert of that caliber these days! It would be epic but it doesn't happen, the promoters and the bands expecting so much. Look at the bands that played at wood stock and put together the band list of today. It was 40 years ago but consider what the the bands were paid then and what what it would cost now. Better yet what did it cost to attend wood stock compared to going to a half azz concert these days.

I wish I had the experience of wood stock but not something posible these days and if it was the expense would exclude the common man.
We need something like that now

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:44 PM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

can't stand hippies now more than likely couldn't have stood them then.

would much rather see life without the hippie movement....

Old 08-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I missed the first Woodstock.....so where's the 40th anniversary one at again???....

OC

"magbum"

Old 08-17-2009, 05:22 PM   #7

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

OC, it will tour all the Sun City Retirement Communities Nation Wide!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
Better yet what did it cost to attend wood stock compared to going to a half azz concert these days.
The Bonaroo concert in TN was an attempt to mimic a Woodstock-style concert/event. The tickets started at $150ish the first year, for a three day show with camping & overpriced vendors. I've had friends who went to it the first year & in subsequent years; they reported that it started off a little loose & wild but has since been over-regulated to the point of futility.

My father was stuck in Woodstock traffic with three other accountants from U.S. Steel on a company trip. I would have walked over & listened to the show, myself.

I have no problem with hippies. I have known some fairly "hard core" Rainbow Family kids & they are generally pretty good people in my book. Some of them seemed a bit lazy to me, but i think they had different priorities & backgrounds than i do. The Rainbow Family seems to be the only "organized" national group of "hippies" these days. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:05 AM   #9

For all who are interested, currently on the history channel [just started], theres a "then and now" special of Woodstock.

S.S.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:59 AM   #10

Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I wanted to go to Woodstock so bad I couldn't stand it but I was only 12 at the time.