Animal cruelty?? Thoughts - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Animal cruelty?? Thoughts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Kill them all, let the Rug Doctor sort them out.
Are these bears getting killed in your living room? A bear in the living room is definitely a "shoot first and ask questions later" kind of situation. Is that what happened to you orangello? Its OK you can talk about it. Youre among friends.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-15-2012, 05:24 AM   #72
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 162 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 61

This thread has been a joke since the first video about the deer and the golfer.

Golf is a pleasure sport, but it consumes a lot of water to maintain the courses, so in drought areas, it is a drain (no pun intended) on the water resources of the community.

A good golfer can probably hit a deer, anytime, with his long irons. No big surprise there. So no real need to prove it.

Deer are everywhere, around towns and neighborhoods, where they cannot be hunted. That qualifies them as pests. They are dangerous to traffic. You are actually more likely to be killed by a dear than any other animal. That's because of traffic accidents.

On our local archery range, in the scenic wooded hills south of our cityscape, we give the deer the full right of way, in the evenings, whenever they walk across our target range. That shows the contrast between the discipline of archers and hunters with bows and arrows compared to golfers with their bags and balls (no pun intended) and clubs.

I think if someone desires to hit an animal with a golf ball, then they need a doctor.

I am a meat hunter, but I know city folk who think that is a very bad thing as well. There are now 7 billion people on this planet, and very little agreement about anything though.

Last edited by Shoobee; 01-15-2012 at 05:26 AM.