Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Animal cruelty?? Thoughts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 03:34 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 407 Times on 223 Posts

Sorry, cat is sleeping in my boat.

play the victim, be the victim

Old 11-19-2011, 04:41 AM   #22

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin81
Sorry, cat is sleeping in my boat.

play the victim, be the victim
I was just kidding. It looked like an attack from auto correct

Old 11-19-2011, 04:52 AM   #23

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Im sorry but im afraid im w fmj on this one-shoot it w a rifle or my 45 and go to work processing it.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #24

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Im sorry but im afraid im w fmj on this one-shoot it w a rifle or my 45 and go to work processing it.
Are you sorry for the desire to hunt the animal or that you agreed with FMJ?

Hunting isn't a cruel activity unless it is done poorly and it serves a real purpose, food, clothing, etc. It becomes cruel if you are hurting or harming the animal simply for your own amusement.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Old 11-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #25

I understand if any animal is damaging personal property using some non-lethal force to get the animal to leave (such as in your garden eating or raccoons spreading your trash and eating and throwing rocks or pellet guns). I am a hunter, but I don't find it ethical to hunt and kill any animal if you are not using it. Eat the meat, use the hide, but don't kill animals just for the h3!! of it.

Let me say. I'm not a "tree hugger" or anything like that but I respect animals. If that deer had been some nuisance there are ways to get it to leave but to hit a golf ball at the deer was just unnecessary and was done just for the h3!! of it.

That was my point. No it didn't appear to hurt the deer, but what if somebody hit golf balls at you for no reason other than just for fun.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:41 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt_tater View Post
... I don't find it ethical to hunt and kill any animal if you are not using it. Eat the meat, use the hide, but don't kill animals just for the h3!! of it.
So, i can't hunt because i don't eat meat? What about fishing; are you anti- on the catch and release fly-fishing too?

I will have to disagree with you on that.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:44 PM   #27

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH2FLY

Are you sorry for the desire to hunt the animal or that you agreed with FMJ?

Hunting isn't a cruel activity unless it is done poorly and it serves a real purpose, food, clothing, etc. It becomes cruel if you are hurting or harming the animal simply for your own amusement.
No im sorry to all the anti hunting tree huggers. Iv already killed a little doe w my 1911 this year.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

So, i can't hunt because i don't eat meat? What about fishing; are you anti- on the catch and release fly-fishing too?

I will have to disagree with you on that.
First off. No. I didn't mean it like "don't hunt if you don't eat meat". More along the lines of people that go kill a deer and cut the antlers off to use them for something and the meat is left to ruin. I know people that hunt because they enjoy it and they don't eat the meat. They carry meat to some homeless shelters or something similar. They use the antlers for knifes and such then they use the fur to make leather and stuff. Even if you don't eat meat it can benefit someone when you kill one. If you are using the skin or antlers fine but shouldn't the meat be used somewhere and not just thrown off the side of the road or left in the woods?

Onto your fishing comment. If you read, I said "kill something". Catch and release fishing isn't killing it. I see nothing wrong with that either.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt_tater View Post
shouldn't the meat be used somewhere and not just thrown off the side of the road or left in the woods?
I would prefer that a nonhungry hunter pass their kill off to someone in need/want of the meat & other useful parts, but even if left where it falls, something will eat that meat, four legs, six legs, or two legs.

I think i understand your statement, and i want you to understand mine: It isn't up to you or to me what somebody does with their kill; it is up to them. Anything more is unneeded regulation or forcing of our opinions/beliefs on others who may not share them. You and I are both free to our own preferences.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:45 PM   #30
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2342 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1189

A little mean and stupid but as far as cruelty? It was obvious the guy did not mean to hurt the deer with that Weenie Swing he demonstrated. More of shoo-wing the deer off the fairway. He certainly did not hurt the deer. It is very obvious that the deer is very familiar with people. Probably there as a fawn. The guy even took a practice swing and the deer still stood and took a few steps toward the golfer. Obviously startled the deer and did not hurt him at all.